“Bugs in the Room”

Ranked #41 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Bend, OR
“Bugs in the Room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2007

RUN AWAY - DON"T STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! THEY HAVE BUGS IN THEIR BEDS!! My extended family visited Mesa to celebrate my fathers 80th birthday. We reserved 2 rooms at the Quality Inn - Mesa. My sister, her daughter and baby were in the room next to mine. I was sharing a room with my daughter, her husband and baby. About 11pm we decided to go to bed. My sister discovered bed bugs in her bedding, pillowcases, and curtains (room 119). We searched our room for bugs (room 117) and did not find any in our room. We reported the problem to the front desk. They said they didn't have any other rooms and that we would have to speak with the manager the next day. That didn't help us for that night. We were not offered clean sheets, maintenance, or any assistance for the evening. As we began to search both rooms more thoroughly to determine how we could manage sleep for the night, we found both rooms were dirty, had tattered sheets, mold in the bathroom, cheeto's and candy wrappers under the beds,etc. After killing many bugs, we decided to collect them for evidence as they kept coming out from the covers once the light was turned off. We got NO SLEEP ALL NIGHT. In the morning, we found a bug inside the baby's pajamas on her diaper! Needless to say we left the next day. Pictures of the bugs - along with their satisfaction guaranteed placard are attached. The bugs were bad enough, but I found the lack of response or compassion from the staff (especially the Manager) to be appalling. I will never, never stay in a Quality Inn & Suites again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bed Bugs and the attitude of the Manager
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank MJOBBend
MesaQuality, Manager at American Inn & Suites Mesa, responded to this review, 31 March 2007
We were not aware any bug problmes in our hotel. The guest notified us late at night on a full house night. My staff offered everhing they could, even offered to check out with out any charges but guest refused. In the morning the guest was compensated with no charges and an apology. The guest staying next door, part of the group, demanded they get a free room, because their friends had a problem. 100% satisfaction applies to the room that had a problem and not taken care of in a
timely manner. This guest is just upset becasue we did not give them a refund since we had no reason too, only their friends did. We have numerous guests stay with us and are quite satisfied.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Purcell, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2007

I was stuck in Chandler, Arizona for a wedding with what I deemed was inappropriate lodging. Thus, I decided to take my wife and find a hotel in the general area of the wedding site. I stopped at Quality inn and Suites on Country Club Dr in Mesa, AZ at 10:30am. Told the front desk help my situation and they let me check in right away, not waiting until 3-4pm.
Staff was very helpful, Property was right next to main highway through Phoenix, surrounding cities and airport. Room was excellent, clean, and overlooking pool, hottub and grotto. I highly recommend this hotel.

Quality Inn & Suites (AZ276)
1410 S. Country Club Drive , Mesa, AZ, US,

• Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank msubobcats
Northwest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2007

I was in town for Ohio vs Floriday College Championship. Stopped by the hotel to check in. Said the room wasn't ready yet and would be in 1 hour 45. Wouldn't take my credit card yet. They had no place to store luggage; said I could put it in the corner of the lobby! I told I had to get to the game (75,000 people) and would be back after, would that be okay. The two front office people said "sure, no problem". I even called before I got to the game. Lo and behold, that night, after the game I go to check in and they gave my room away! They tried to send me 20 miles away to a Super 8, said they had an arrangement where I could get a $50 room. I called them from the lobby - the staff at Super 8 never heard of such. While I was there, another man came in, they had given away his room too! Then, a guest came in looking for sheets for his bed - the front desk person said they didn't have any more! What kind of place is this? He said the manager Neal Dhanani said to give the room away. I said, you told me I would be fine with a late check-in, besides, their policy, which is clearly stated on my reservation confirmation says, " your room will be held until 7:00 am. the morning following your scheduled arrival date. ....If you do not arrive, and do not cancel your reservation you will be charged 1 night's stay plus tax. They broke their own policy. Needless to say, I had to sleep in the Phoenix airport. Because of the game there wasn't another room available. I've reported this to the corporate office. This was a case of pure greed and poor, poor customer service. I want to get compensated for this!

• Liked — low budget
  • Disliked — rude, unprofessional staff
  • Tips/Secrets — never stay here
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank NorthernBelleFunn