After having a very enjoyable visit earlier this fall my wife and I were extremely disappointed with our stay over the Christmas holiday. Things started badly when we entered our room on the first night and were greeted by a bedspread that was disgustingly dirty. I called the front desk and they brought us a blanket to replace the bedspread and when I showed the young lady the bedspread the expression on her face was priceless.
The next day we enjoyed the breakfast offerings and then left for five hours. We put out the "service please" card, but when we returned the room had not been serviced. When I called the front desk I was informed by the manager that the cleaning staff had left for the day. She told me they might have read the card wrong, or maybe kids had turned the placard around so in the future I shouldn't put one out. What? They sent up two towels to resolve the situation.
The next morning I stopped by the front desk and requested to have my room cleaned and it happened.
On day three I didn't stop by the desk and you guessed it...no room cleaning. I went to the desk at 2:00 to complain and I was told by the same manager my room wasn't cleaned because they did not want to disturb me in the morning. What?
Here's the bottom line...we liked our room, the location is perfect for us, the breakfast definitely adds to the value of the room...but none of that matters if we can't arrive to a clean room and have a reasonable amount of cleaning service during our stay. The inane excuses we received did not help the situation. We visit the Mesa area four times a year and really wanted this to be our go-to hotel, but it looks like I'll need to go back and read some more TA reviews on other hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW!! Join us Sunday - Thursday, 5:30pm - 7:00pm for our evening social featuring FREE food and drinks for each paying guest! Located off of Loop 202 on the Mesa/Gilbert border in the East Valley of Arizona, just one mile from the Mesa Gateway Airport and the ASU Polytechnic Campus. The Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites is a three-story interior corridor hotel designed to meet the needs of business and leisure travelers. The hotel features a beer and wine bar and a free deluxe buffet breakfast. Additional property amenities include our business center, two meeting rooms, fitness room, guest laundry, gift shop, pool and hot tub. Nearby is the San Tan business and shopping area, several golf courses, downtown areas of Gilbert and Chandler and Gilbert Hospital. The Big League Dreams Sports Park is just one mile away. Our friendly staff is ready and waiting to help guests enjoy their stay with us. The guest rooms and amenities provided help ensure a most relaxing and comfortable visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Legacy Hotel Mesa
- Best Western Legacy Inn And Suites
- Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites Mesa, Arizona