“Very Different Than Our First Visit”

Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Rancho Murieta
“Very Different Than Our First Visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

After having a very enjoyable visit earlier this fall my wife and I were extremely disappointed with our stay over the Christmas holiday. Things started badly when we entered our room on the first night and were greeted by a bedspread that was disgustingly dirty. I called the front desk and they brought us a blanket to replace the bedspread and when I showed the young lady the bedspread the expression on her face was priceless.
The next day we enjoyed the breakfast offerings and then left for five hours. We put out the "service please" card, but when we returned the room had not been serviced. When I called the front desk I was informed by the manager that the cleaning staff had left for the day. She told me they might have read the card wrong, or maybe kids had turned the placard around so in the future I shouldn't put one out. What? They sent up two towels to resolve the situation.
The next morning I stopped by the front desk and requested to have my room cleaned and it happened.
On day three I didn't stop by the desk and you guessed it...no room cleaning. I went to the desk at 2:00 to complain and I was told by the same manager my room wasn't cleaned because they did not want to disturb me in the morning. What?
Here's the bottom line...we liked our room, the location is perfect for us, the breakfast definitely adds to the value of the room...but none of that matters if we can't arrive to a clean room and have a reasonable amount of cleaning service during our stay. The inane excuses we received did not help the situation. We visit the Mesa area four times a year and really wanted this to be our go-to hotel, but it looks like I'll need to go back and read some more TA reviews on other hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank OldNorCalGuy
Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear OldNorCalGuy,

Thank you for your review. It’s disheartening to read about your stay with our hotel and I want to apologize for the poor experience we provided you, this is not indicative of our service and standards and I can assure you that your feedback is being addressed with our staff.

You like our rooms, our location and the free deluxe buffet breakfast and we certainly like having you as our guest and really want to earn the status of being your go-to hotel when visiting Mesa. I do hope you will give us another chance as I know we can make it up to you! Please contact me directly before making your next reservation and I can assure you we will better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Warm Regards,

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very nice facility - staff was friendly, room was clean and the breakfast was adequate. Not much around the place, however it is not far to some good shopping/eating and the freeway is super close (no noise though). The area was safe and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rebecca S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we appreciate it and I will share your comments with our staff. I'm glad that you thought our hotel was very nice and that you enjoyed your stay!

We are in a tranquil area of Mesa and provide complimentary shuttle service to area shopping, restaurants and more! Once again, thanks so much and we look forward to having you back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Legacy Suites is located on a main road in Mesa with easy access to shopping, restaurants and attractions in that area. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. This is a newer hotel and is beautifully maintained. Rooms are spacious with comfortable beds and sitting areas. Breakfast is good. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Richard I,

Thanks so much for your 5 star review and referral, we greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, location and amenities and look forward to having you back in the future!

Warm Regards,

Yellville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Way more than I expected. Reviews talk about dairy stench, but I didn't smell anything. Maybe the cows were eating some sweet grass that week. Nice comfy bed. Good nights sleep.. they even put out some bagels and stuff for the early morning people that have to take the shuttle at 5am. to the airport which is only 10 minutes away. No vending machines for snacks, but the shuttle will take you to the mall or restaurants nearby and pick you up for free, so can't complain. overall.. will definitely stay again. They will probably know me by name...

Room Tip: Third floor towards the front of the hotel. Nice view of fields and mountains
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Paydd,

Thank you soo much for taking the time to give us this great review and I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations! We do try to go above and beyond for our guests and I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to all of our staff! Although we do not have a vending machine for snacks, we do have a sundry shop located in the lobby with goodies, you'll have to check it out on your next visit :)

Once again, thanks for your wonderful review and we look forward to having you back soon!!!

All the best,

Prescott, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Nice place but OMG the odor about killed us the time we stayed there!!! Had no idea there was a diary farm (so we were told) a mile east of the hotel. We went into America Furniture store...no smell in the air whatsoever; got ready to leave, the store interior was filling up with the nasty odor. Got back to Best Western; went to room and the stench was already inside the hotel & our room. I was so grossed out!!! Desk person said that window AC should filter it out...NOT!!!
Could not get a refund easily due to going thru middle man website..so had to suffer thru it!!!
Yes it may all have to do with wind direction BUT how does one out guess that??'!!
Will never stay here again!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Ann J,

I sincerely thank you for your feedback and am glad that you thought the Best Western Legacy Inn was nice, but am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. Although our location near the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport offers beautiful mountain views in a tranquil area of Mesa, on occasion, the wind can deliver a scent from area farmland and I can totally understand how that would be unpleasant for you. Once again, I’m sorry you were disappointed, but hopefully you’ll consider giving us another try in the future.

Sincerest Regards,

San Felipe, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

The hotel was easy to find right off the 202 loop. Close to all shopping. The room was new, clean and very classy. Staff was professional and friendly. The breakfast was 5 stars. The waffles were crispy, not soggy and steamed like so many places. My husband and I will stay here again when we visit family in Mesa. It deserves 5 stars.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Cheryl W,

Wow Cheryl! Thanks soo much for the wonderful 5 star review! I'm glad that you like our location and the close proximity to shopping as well as our hotel/room decor and the deluxe complimentary breakfast buffet! There is nothing we like to hear more than our guests enjoying their experience with us. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

All the best,

Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

This hotel is about 1/2 mile to the Mesa airport (alligent) and has a shuttle to the airport you can leave your vehicle at the hotel (if you are staying there) and they will shuttle you to the airport and pick you up they do charge a fee to leave your car there ( $10.00 for up to 7 days) . We have stayed at this hotel numerous times. Be careful about the rates some staff will charge you a lot for the room and some will charge a different rate it has happened to us 2 times. I did complain to the manager and she said that the rates had changed that day NOT!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Patricia S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Legacy Inn, we truly appreciate your feedback and we're happy to hear you enjoy our location and our free shuttle service!

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with our rates when booking your reservations, it is not our intention to be inconsistent and we will keep your comments in mind as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. Please feel free to contact me directly before booking your next reservation with us and I will make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks so much and have a wonderful holiday,