“Great location, helpful staff”

Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Elliston Montana
“Great location, helpful staff”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Have stayed here twice this last month. Excellent location if you're coming/going via Mesa airport. There is a gas station, for filling up the rental car, within about a half mile of the hotel, shopping and restaurants nearby, and the hotel is only a few minutes from the airport. We did have the issue, during one of the two visits, of the local cattle odor, but the odor only lasted for about an hour and then dissipated, so really wasn't a big deal for us. Check in was easy. Both times we stayed the hotel was very busy. One young man, ( I believe his name was Jaren ) was manning the front desk both times. We were very impressed with his ability and patience under pressure, as there were several people checking in, some of them were pushy and rude, the phone was ringing and there were several other people lined up at the desk with questions, etc. We appreciated that cold breakfast was set up at the very early hour of 4 a.m., as we needed to take the shuttle to the airport at 5:30 a.m. Hot breakfast is also served after 6 a.m. We did have a little trouble using the hotel computer/printer in the business center to print off our boarding passes, but once again, Jaren came through, and helped us get the job done. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Elliston,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review! There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Your kind words regarding the service of our staff, especially Jaren are greatly appreciated, he is a wonderful asset to our team and we'll be sure to pass on your comments to him.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Miamisburg, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The hotel is beautiful, rooms clean and pleasant and free breakfast above the norm. All is spoiled by the horrible odor of the cattle lot adjacent to the hotel which permeates the hotel itself. It sometime got so strong that you could actually taste it. Next time in Mesa, I will stay elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Michael B,

I sincerely thank you for your feedback and am glad that you thought the Best Western Legacy Inn was beautiful and that you enjoyed your room and our free deluxe buffet breakfast!
Although our location near the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport offers beautiful mountain views in a tranquil area of Mesa, on occasion, the wind can deliver a scent from area farmland and I can totally understand how that would be unpleasant for you. Once again, I’m sorry you were disappointed, but hopefully you’ll consider giving us another try in the future.

Arizona
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Having recently stayed in rural areas where the choices were slim, I was impressed with the Best Westerns. This hotel did not come close; it is in a metropolitan area and there are numerous options. My recommendation is to pass it up unless you have no other choice.

Pros: it is clean.
Cons:

Bar food, which can substitute for a light meal if you are too tired for anything else, was offered 4:30 to 9:30. Catch is there was no one there to prepare it. After waiting 30 minutes, asked at the front desk and they just didn't care. So, don't count on food in the evening.

Full breakfast was from 6:30 to 9:30. I had to be in a meeting at 7:30 so I had a tight window. At 6:30 every table was taken and there was nothing but breads and coffee. The food did not come out until 7 at which time all the early people had left. The hot selection was poor, basically biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs plain or scrambled eggs with ham in it. (I had no choice but to eat as there was no food at the meeting...and I was late)

I had requested a quiet location and was given a room directly off a major, heavily-trafficked street. The traffic noise never let up. Thin walls; could hear other rooms, etc. Big issue was that the "climate control" system could not be run on low fan mode to mask noise. Cut off and on all night, loudly...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Finediner17,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input on our service and appointment and apologize you were disappointed with your visit. We will keep your comments regarding our lounge and our free breakfast buffet in mind as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have stayed here twice while attending baseball tournaments at the nearby Big League Dreams in Gilbert. It is super convenient to both the ball park and the airport in Mesa if you have an early flight. We love the location and access to shopping and restaurants. The actual hotel seems quite new and everything is in great condition. The breakfast is nothing to write home about, but it's free and hits the spot. My only complaint about this hotel is the paper thin walls. You can hear absolutely everything going on above and next to you. If possible, try to get a room on the top floor so at least you're only dealing with the noise next to you! We had two rooms side-by-side and my mother-in-law and two-year-old daughter were in the room next to ours. While I enjoy being woken up to the sounds of my daughter chit chatting at 6:30 a.m. because I can hear her loud and clear through the walls, I'm not so certain that would be as fun for a regular guest! Bottom line...we'll continue to stay here for baseball tournaments and we'll bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Try to get the top floor and maybe one on a corner so you only have one neighbor!
Dear Jacki L,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your visit and thanks for choosing the Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites again, we love having you! We're glad to hear that you like our location and our hotel but we're sorry that you've had some trouble with noise, the tip about requesting the top floor is great and we hope that you'll visit us again soon!

Thanks so much,

Estevan, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel the last night of our trip as it was minutes from the Mesa airport. We enjoyed the CAA rate of $94 a night for a suite. Beautiful hotel -- all the amenities we required. Friendly staff, nice room and a good bed to sleep in. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dene2014,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review, we greatly appreciate it! We're glad that you enjoyed our hotel, staff and amenities and we look forward to having you back in the future!

All the best,

Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 30 December 2013

had trouble with the air went to front desk ask if something could be done got an excuse she didnt know anything . this use to be a really great place to stay but it is going down hill which is a shame they just need to pay alittle more attention to the place the kitchen help they didnt look to clean I seen him cleaning in the hall way then went into the kitchen with the food and didnt wash up first

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank lmhickman
Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Imhickman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It's disappointing to read about your experience at our hotel but your review will help us to make the necessary improvements to ensure that we deliver on our service promise for all of our guests. We will address your comments with our front desk and kitchen team and we hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

All the best,

Rancho Murieta
Reviewed 29 December 2013

After having a very enjoyable visit earlier this fall my wife and I were extremely disappointed with our stay over the Christmas holiday. Things started badly when we entered our room on the first night and were greeted by a bedspread that was disgustingly dirty. I called the front desk and they brought us a blanket to replace the bedspread and when I showed the young lady the bedspread the expression on her face was priceless.
The next day we enjoyed the breakfast offerings and then left for five hours. We put out the "service please" card, but when we returned the room had not been serviced. When I called the front desk I was informed by the manager that the cleaning staff had left for the day. She told me they might have read the card wrong, or maybe kids had turned the placard around so in the future I shouldn't put one out. What? They sent up two towels to resolve the situation.
The next morning I stopped by the front desk and requested to have my room cleaned and it happened.
On day three I didn't stop by the desk and you guessed it...no room cleaning. I went to the desk at 2:00 to complain and I was told by the same manager my room wasn't cleaned because they did not want to disturb me in the morning. What?
Here's the bottom line...we liked our room, the location is perfect for us, the breakfast definitely adds to the value of the room...but none of that matters if we can't arrive to a clean room and have a reasonable amount of cleaning service during our stay. The inane excuses we received did not help the situation. We visit the Mesa area four times a year and really wanted this to be our go-to hotel, but it looks like I'll need to go back and read some more TA reviews on other hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank OldNorCalGuy
Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear OldNorCalGuy,

Thank you for your review. It’s disheartening to read about your stay with our hotel and I want to apologize for the poor experience we provided you, this is not indicative of our service and standards and I can assure you that your feedback is being addressed with our staff.

You like our rooms, our location and the free deluxe buffet breakfast and we certainly like having you as our guest and really want to earn the status of being your go-to hotel when visiting Mesa. I do hope you will give us another chance as I know we can make it up to you! Please contact me directly before making your next reservation and I can assure you we will better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.