“Has really declined in service and food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ra Sushi

Ra Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Ra Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 914 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 60 & Val Vista
Mesa, Arizona
“Has really declined in service and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

RA was one of my favorite places to go near my home until now. The sushi isn't as good as it used to be and the service is fair at best. We had to wait over five minutes to have someone put placeware on the table before they would seat us. We had a $25 special, which included edamame and a choice of four rolls. After a while we finally received the edamame and one plate of rolls. Finally after about 15 minutes, our next plate of rolls arrived. After over an hour we never received our 2 other rolls we order and asked for our bill with half off. The waitress apologized, boxed up the one of the rolls that was ready and didn't charge us, which is why I am giving RA 3 stars. I will only return for my half birthday $20 coupon and that is it. There are plenty of other Sushi restaurants in the area to try.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Wait staff too preoccupied to wait on customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stopped by for a late lunch, alone, and the place wasn't at all busy. I had a limited amount of time (about an hour), so just had a glass of water and ordered a salad, which my waitress said would come out asap. I waited. And waited. And waited. No salad. No one coming back to check on me even though I was seated out in the open in broad daylight, all the while the help continued to be very chatty with each other. Very strange. Lots of hormones and egos ~ they were all young. I finally just got up and left, and was hardly noticed.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Good but not too helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Very good place, sushi was in my opinion excellent. But you must know everything about it, as the waitress was not good at all in helping choosing the meal.

Visited January 2014
Mesa
“Amazing for friends or family!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The first time I went to this location it was for a friends birthday party. We had a wonderful table outside in the warmth of the day with a crisp breeze. This was an adult party and though the restaurant was full we felt like it was just us enjoying each others company. Wonderful food and drinks and the waiter's were very attentive and prompt. There was never a moment that we were desiring assistance and couldn't get it. he 2nd time was our child's 13th birthday. Perfect choice again once again! We requested to be outside and never regretted it. We were never "too hot" (June) or "to wet" (from the sprinklers) to enjoy ourselves once again. I'll continue to return time and time again. If you don't know what to order DO Not hesitate to ask. Amazing staff that will help you choose some amazing new tastes. And there's always the amazing chicken wings MMM!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

A bit pricey for lunch on a Saturday. There aren't many tables on the patio with enough shade to sit during the day, but we managed to find one. The waitress was very, very nice. Sushi was good - try the Zonie Roll for a local flavor! I checked in on FourSquare and got a free endamame appetizer.

• Visited April 2013