“NAY! NAY! DON'T STAY!!!!!!!”
Review of Miles Motel

Miles Motel
Ranked #48 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Wolf Creek, Montana
“NAY! NAY! DON'T STAY!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This place is both filthy and frightening! Sadly, there is no minus rating because I would give it a minus 5! A friend booked the room and as the "management" has a no refund policy (no matter what) we were forced to endure the unthinkable or lose our money. Whatever you do, do not book this hell-hole sight unseen. The pictures on the website were probably taken approximately 20 years ago and the rooms haven't been cleaned since. There is only one thing that would help this extremely OVERPRICED (you actually need to be paid to stay there) poor excuse for a motel and that is a HUGE FIRE!

Room Tip: Choose NO hotels on Main street between Higley and Power in Mesa.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank byoungwc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Keep in mind that any motel can have a bad day or new and untrained housekeeping staff. However, I do not like arriving and staying on those days.

In this motels favor, full kitchen and refrig and micro. $39 for a Friday night. The sheets were clean. And it is in a nice area with a close by farmer’s market and Bavarian Bar and Restaurant. I was told my dog would stay free if I had brought him. Call first on that. There was a fan on the ceiling that helped cool the room quickly when I turned on the ac.

Now, the problems. I stayed because the reviews were so flattering. This place was very dirty. There were boot prints on the kitchen and bathroom floor, the filthiest rug I have ever seen in front of the vanity sink. I took it back to the office and asked for a mop to mop with and was told it would be done for me. Four hours later, I am still waiting for the floor to be cleaned and upon departure no one had come to clean the dirty floor. I did it myself and left a filthy bath towel In the office was a girl crying and begging someone to come and pick some little child up because the people she was with were smoking pot in the room. The kitchen range had not been cleaned and the drip pans were black. The towels are well used and the bed had lumps in it that I decided were not worth investigating. There was sand and mold in lots of corners.

The motel is large and boasts suites, etc., but I doubt I would stay there again or even leave a tip. I booked on line, but had to remind the desk staff of that and was also asked what room rate was quoted to me. You need keys to lock the dead bolt even when in the room.

If you stay, your reservation rate is NOT refundable if not cancelled 2 days before. There is a pool and whirlpool outside.

I would not recommend this motel and would try to find another one somewhere close. But, for a Friday night rate, $39 was reasonable if you do not mind staying in some place dirty. All in all, if you do not have to stay in the Mesa area, stay in Scottsdale or someplace else.

This is one of my very few and almost non-existent bad reviews.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank TravelerWithDog
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The description was a one bedroom apt type room. This place is old, run down, clutter/debris everywhere in the parking stalls. Got into the room and there was a roach, extra furniture and the front door handle/lock was loose. Kitchen barely stocked with odds/ends of dishes, glasses, etc. It was so creepy we left. We did not feel safe let alone leaving our vehicle there overnight. Unfortunately, booking through Booking.com, no refunds, so we lost $200. The lady at the desk said we got her best room and values customer service and denied the roaches even though we left the dead one in the room. No clue where she came from.

Room Tip: Can't even give this place a one star, Don't stay here and be cautious booking through this...
Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sharon P
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Along with previous review, I could not help myself but to reinforce what she had written. We found this place at booking.com. I paid for the room before viewing. Mistake #1. After trying several other rooms to appease the women at the front desk, there was NO way I was going to stay in any of the rooms! The women at the desk was not willing to return my money. Well, there is no amount of money worth staying here! The stench in the rooms stuck to my luggage like glue. Everytime I opened the trunk to our car, I could smell the "Miles Motel". Previous reviews comments and pictures say the rest. If there was a negative rating for this motel, it would have one. STAY AWAY....your life depends on it!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jeannine J
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We found this place at booking.com but since we were in the neighbourhood we decided to drive over instead of booking on line. A big mistake on our part was not to ask if we could view the room before we booked it. After my friend paid for the room in cash and got a handwritten receipt, we got the key to the room #106. It was incredibly filthy and old. It stank so much that we couldn't possibly stay there. We went back to the office and asked for a refund which was denied as they have a no refund policy. The receptionist who had only worked there for 3 days phoned the manager. Again no refund but we were assigned a "better" room. This room was no better than the first one. The AC/heater was clogged with dust, the carpets were filthy and threadbare. The blinds were so filthy that you couldn't see what the original colour was. When we saw a live cockroach we left the room. We couldn't possibly stay there. Back to the office. The receptionist phoned Mary, the owner, once more but again the no refund policy was upheld. We then phoned the police and waited in the car until they arrived. The officer informed us that they come out to this motel regularly. He managed to get the copy of our picture ID back. We then went to another motel. Again, do NOT stay here. It is a dive - very dirty and full of long term "residents".

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Marg D
frost
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Room was dirty and full of bugs. I bought Raid and slowed them down. Don't even think of u sing the kitchen. Every thing is filthy. Sliding window was broke and did not shut. anyone could have walked in at anytime. Am home now and leaving luggage outside till I KNOW HOW TO TREAT IT FOR BUGS. I could say more but you should get the point.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank edwin h
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My wife and kids needed a place for the night. The front looked old but clean. I paid for the night and the manager gave me a key to a room in the back. We went to room and it was the dirtiest room ever. The carpet had a burn hole in it the size of a manhole cover. It looked as if there was a murder or methlab at one time in the place. After a quick peek we went to desk and asked for our money back. Manager said no and gave me the worst attitude. She did move us to a cleaner room in front. If I wasn't hurtin for cash I would have took off but my experience as well as countless others was terrible. Way to do business you horrible lady at desk. Id call you out if I knew you by name

• Stayed November 2011
7 Thank arizonanewhampshire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Best Western Superstition Springs Inn
Sleep Inn Superstition Springs Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix East Mesa
Residence Inn Phoenix Gilbert
Baymont Inn & Suites Mesa Near Downtown
Super 8 Mesa/Phoenix Power and Main

Been to Miles Motel? Share your experiences!