“all i can say is WOW WHAT A DUMP!!!”
Review of Miles Motel

Miles Motel
Ranked #48 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 11 March 2014

should be inspected by health department and shut down, this place is an absolute dump motel was overbooked so they sent us to their apartments down the road , should of slept in the car instead of the marble slab and boulder pillows they called a bed

Room Tip: To get a good room stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Warren C

Reviewed 9 March 2014

First when we got to the motel the lady at the desk took about 20 mins to check us in. Then she gave us our room key but when she pulled it out there was no key on the keychain. so some other lady said here just make another one and made a copy of the key. Who else has a copy and where did it go???? Then we parked in a disgusting alley right next to a overflowing dumpster. This is where we were told to park. We finally got to our room which was supposed to have 2 beds but only had one double which was not made.The door to our room was open There was a headboard or some type of shelving in the middle of the floor. I went to the bathroom and there were dirty towels on the floor. Two empty beer cans in the sink. We went back to get our money back and unlike these other reviews we were able to get a refund. But we had to argue for anither 20 mins and use a threat to call the cops. Do not book. Or use booking.com orbitz is much better

• Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank trvlr22810
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This motel is the nastiest motel I've ever stayed at! Not only does it have roaches it also has bed bugs! This place should be shut down. We was unable to get our money back for reserving the room so we stayed there. This motel is full of roaches & all kinds of nasty funk. I would recommend everyone stay far away from this motel.

• Stayed: February 2014
11  Thank Exploreusa18
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This place is both filthy and frightening! Sadly, there is no minus rating because I would give it a minus 5! A friend booked the room and as the "management" has a no refund policy (no matter what) we were forced to endure the unthinkable or lose our money. Whatever you do, do not book this hell-hole sight unseen. The pictures on the website were probably taken approximately 20 years ago and the rooms haven't been cleaned since. There is only one thing that would help this extremely OVERPRICED (you actually need to be paid to stay there) poor excuse for a motel and that is a HUGE FIRE!

Room Tip: Choose NO hotels on Main street between Higley and Power in Mesa.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank byoungwc
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Keep in mind that any motel can have a bad day or new and untrained housekeeping staff. However, I do not like arriving and staying on those days.

In this motels favor, full kitchen and refrig and micro. $39 for a Friday night. The sheets were clean. And it is in a nice area with a close by farmer’s market and Bavarian Bar and Restaurant. I was told my dog would stay free if I had brought him. Call first on that. There was a fan on the ceiling that helped cool the room quickly when I turned on the ac.

Now, the problems. I stayed because the reviews were so flattering. This place was very dirty. There were boot prints on the kitchen and bathroom floor, the filthiest rug I have ever seen in front of the vanity sink. I took it back to the office and asked for a mop to mop with and was told it would be done for me. Four hours later, I am still waiting for the floor to be cleaned and upon departure no one had come to clean the dirty floor. I did it myself and left a filthy bath towel In the office was a girl crying and begging someone to come and pick some little child up because the people she was with were smoking pot in the room. The kitchen range had not been cleaned and the drip pans were black. The towels are well used and the bed had lumps in it that I decided were not worth investigating. There was sand and mold in lots of corners.

The motel is large and boasts suites, etc., but I doubt I would stay there again or even leave a tip. I booked on line, but had to remind the desk staff of that and was also asked what room rate was quoted to me. You need keys to lock the dead bolt even when in the room.

If you stay, your reservation rate is NOT refundable if not cancelled 2 days before. There is a pool and whirlpool outside.

I would not recommend this motel and would try to find another one somewhere close. But, for a Friday night rate, $39 was reasonable if you do not mind staying in some place dirty. All in all, if you do not have to stay in the Mesa area, stay in Scottsdale or someplace else.

This is one of my very few and almost non-existent bad reviews.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank TravelerWithDog
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The description was a one bedroom apt type room. This place is old, run down, clutter/debris everywhere in the parking stalls. Got into the room and there was a roach, extra furniture and the front door handle/lock was loose. Kitchen barely stocked with odds/ends of dishes, glasses, etc. It was so creepy we left. We did not feel safe let alone leaving our vehicle there overnight. Unfortunately, booking through Booking.com, no refunds, so we lost $200. The lady at the desk said we got her best room and values customer service and denied the roaches even though we left the dead one in the room. No clue where she came from.

Room Tip: Can't even give this place a one star, Don't stay here and be cautious booking through this...
Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sharon P
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Along with previous review, I could not help myself but to reinforce what she had written. We found this place at booking.com. I paid for the room before viewing. Mistake #1. After trying several other rooms to appease the women at the front desk, there was NO way I was going to stay in any of the rooms! The women at the desk was not willing to return my money. Well, there is no amount of money worth staying here! The stench in the rooms stuck to my luggage like glue. Everytime I opened the trunk to our car, I could smell the "Miles Motel". Previous reviews comments and pictures say the rest. If there was a negative rating for this motel, it would have one. STAY AWAY....your life depends on it!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jeannine J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Best Western Superstition Springs Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mesa Superstition Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix East Mesa
Ramada Mesa
Ramada Mesa
#18 of 57 in Mesa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa
Super 8 Mesa/Phoenix Power and Main

Been to Miles Motel? Share your experiences!