“A very fine little Meusum”

Commemorative Air Force Museum
Ranked #1 of 63 things to do in Mesa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum is the largest vintage military aircraft unit in the world. Don't just view history, live it! Experience what it's like to fly in a WWII B-17 Bomber. After your flight, get up close and personal with historic warbird aircraft like the P-51 Mustang and C-47 Flying Mule. Tour our 55,000 square feet museum and learn about the Tuskegee airmen, Women Air Force Service Pilots, and countless heroes.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 31 January 2014

If you like old war planes then you got to stop here. You get a tour of the facilities, hangers, and maintenance shop. All staff and mechanics are very helpful in answering your questions. You can go inside some of the planes that are being repaired. You can also go for rides in the old planes. Worth a visit.

1  Thank Raroboy
There are newer reviews for Commemorative Air Force Museum

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place is absolutely awesome! Great place to take your family or go by yourself. Get up close and personal with iconic, historical military and civilian aircraft. If you are so inclined schedule a flight. The volunteers and staff are eager to help and talk with you about the different aircraft on display and the intentions of the Museum.

1  Thank LoriAnn007
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The feature plane, the B 17 Flying Fortress was going through it's maintenance cycle and although it was available for viewing, the restricted access was a little disappointing. Our first experience here was exceptional, this visit left us wanting for more.
Still worth a visit, these volunteers do a fantastic job.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I stopped in here with my grandfather and son a whole ago with some trepidation as to how fun this would be.

We walked on and the nicest ever retired gentlemen greeted us and asked If we were veterans, we said yes and the treatment got even better.

We actually spent a good deal of time exploring the museum and I learned quite a bit about older aircraft as well. I liked the hands in B52 bomber exploration. I was surprised how small they were inside.

This place is a surprising gem and I recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Goodness knows, I'm not really interested in military history, though my husband is. But this was fascinating, an airfield where WW2 British pilots were trained, before the US was in the war. Lots of knowledgeable volunteers, and great access to planes. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Fudge03