“Best Service Ever”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We were very impressed with the hotel, particularly the incredible customer service we received.
The staff were friendly, well informed, helpful and professional.
1. The cleaning staff always made eye contact, greeted us, and asked if they could be of service when we passed them in the halls.
2. The server we had for breakfast each morning remembered us, remembered our preferences (how we liked our coffee, that we'd want a to-go cup, etc.)
3. The concierge helped us find a great local spa, gave us good directions, etc.
4. We were there for a conference. They treated our entire group (of approx. 125) exceptionally well, were cheerfully accommodating in every instance.
5. The General Manager passed us in the lobby. He stopped and asked how our stay was, if there was anything we needed. Only when he left did another business person point out who he was.

I have never bothered to write a review in the past, but we were so impressed I felt it was only right to share the info.

Room Tip: I'd recommend pool facing not parking lot facing. Beds were all really comfortable, rooms clean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Sarah H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, as our motto is “Everyone Leaves Happy.” I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

If you want something grander then go to Scottsdale and pay treble the price. But why when the Mesa Hilton provides everything that 99.9% of us want or need and does it very well! Furthermore you still will not find better staff anywhere. The location is very convenient. I've been coming here for about 15 years and have never been let down or disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are not a gold / platinum memebr then pay the samll supplement for the executive floor - it h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear AndyRWeybridge,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. We greatly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you for many more years to come!

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Very accommodating friendly staff. I arrived late one evening a day ahead of what was my anticipated dates of arrival and front desk had no problem in providing me with an identical discounted room rate to what I already had booked & registered myself for duration of my stay. Being I arrived very late my first evening it was 11;30 PM,the front desk responsively informed me at check in that room service if I was interested still was available till 12 AM. Upon entering my room, I immediately called room service and ordered a hot meal and was informed by room service my food prep wait time will be 20 minutes or longer, Guess what? They over performed and showed up in under half that amount of time from what I had previously been told - and my food was hot with nice presentation. Next morning finds a newspaper waiting for me located just outside my hotel room door= makes for a nice touch. I like fresh air and guess what hotel room has balcony door that actually opens up to allow for fresh air to come inside- nice! The cost of breakfast buffet is included in my room rate package makes my stay an even better economic value. The breakfast buffet menu is extensive with all the usual food items, makes this a great value; includes both hot and cold freshly made foods that are available and is in addition to fresh custom made to order egg omlettes. Hotel lobby was airy and spacious, although I/m not a big fan of eating candy this lobby comes equipped with a 24/7 M&M candy dispenser that is always free and the lobby itself remained without any the funny but usual hotel smells on emight expect to find elsewhere. Hotel lobby and it's room decor was relatively clean although not to my style of choice or liking, still it was more than adequate and always comfortable clean and yes surprisingly quiet. The enclosed Indoor atrium floor plan visually makes for an interesting architectural space. Unfortunately my bathroom's floor plan consisted of very cramped space - not to my liking, Additionally my only bathroom door always opened inwards directly into the solid glass shower door that is located immediately and directly behind remained as a constant looming threat as well as always existed as the still greater inconvenience and liability in terms of an accident just waiting to happen - could end up with broken glass shower door, first and always required that each and every morning before showering in order to step inside the shower, first you had step aside in order to physically move the bathroom door out of the way before you had enough foot space that was big enough in order to find yourself next stepping inside the shower itself - became a daily ritual and real pain in the a** to constantly have to deal with first thing every morning. Housekeeping staff was erratic, one day they show up bright and early to clean my room before 9AM is OK, yet day next I returned back to my room after 2 PM and housekeeping still had not shown up to make my recently slept in bed, clean or straighten up,.. weird. Shower water pressure and temp always were both fine to deal with, no issues or complaints. For those so inclined to take a brisk walk to existing nearby shopping, this hotel physically is located directly across the street down the block from a major shopping mall and other streets of commerce. In addition this hotel offers guests complimentary shuttle service to anywhere within a 3 mile radius.My stay was for 5 days business. I travel frequently and often and I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: My room was situated just several feet further away from the nearest elevator, made for intermittent...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear getrich2011,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, as we greatly appreciate it. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback about the housekeeping services has been passed along to the department head and will be fixed immediately. Again I would like to thank you for your time in writing this and I hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

First and foremost the staff are what make this hotel. All very professional, very friendly, totally hospitable and go above and beyond.

There are some nice little touches such as free coffee in the lobby in the morning and refreshing cool flavour water the rest of the day and M&Ms on tap (literally on tap!). The bar in the lobby is very reasonable again with great bar staff and the area is kept pristine.

However I just feel it needs a serious refurb to bring it up to modern standards. Although the lobby and the building itself is pretty impressive it just feels very dull and dreary. The staggered mood lighting on each floor level looking into the atrium just doesnt tie in with the rest of the property and the bar area is rather dead.

The bedrooms although spacious and large need updating. They feel tired and dull. Even with the curtains open I felt like I was in a dark room. The radio/alarm clock beside my bed was falling to pieces and there was an electrical socket at the foot of the bed (just beside the bathroom door) which was coming out of the wall so I was afraid to use it. Also the bathroom was very small and cramped with leaky taps. I was disappointed I could not open the doors to the Juliet Balcony fully as one half was bolted shut. I also found the airconditioning unit to be unresponsive. Although a temperature control system was included, it would not change the temperature effectively.

Apart from that I found the beds to be very comfortable, the TV was top notch and the tea/coffee facilities in the room worked brilliantly. I also had room service twice which was very reasonable and of top notch quality. However both times I called room service it rang out meaning I then had to ring the front desk for them to take my order. Something tells me they may be cutting on staff at the moment which would not surprise me as the hotel seemed pretty quiet even over the weekend I was there.

The pool area although pleasant was pretty small and did not seem to get the sun all day. However as the hotel was not busy I was able to move around as the sun moved.

The hotels location to the Fiesta Mall made the short 10 minute walk just about managable even in the heat however I believe there is a bus that will bring you there if you are not good in the desert.

All in all a very comfortable stay and although I would return for the wonderful staff I may also have a look around elsewhere first!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Irishstandards,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and hospitality. Be assured we are in the process of undergoing room renovations to improve our hotel through next year. Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback, as we take it very seriously. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Let me start by saying that the property is great. Lobby is awesome and the Desk Staff is superb. The atrium is beautiful with a bar that stays open till 10pm. There is a managers reception for those that have access and they have free drinks and appetizers from 5pm-7:30pm. The pool area was very relaxing. The only minus to the property is the outdated furniture in the rooms. I expected a little more from the Hilton brand. The free breakfast was awesome but it took a couple of try's to get clean silverware. Would I stay there again? Probably not. I love staying with Hilton but this property does not meet the mark when it comes to the rooms and that area is a deal breaker for me.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear Ventura T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, as we taking it very seriously. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities during your stay. I sincerely apologize our rooms were not up to your satisfaction. We are in the process of starting our renovation of rooms next month and we always strive to improve our hotel. I do hope you stay with us again to give us the chance to improve and meet the mark for you.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed at the Hilton East for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised based on some of the negative reviews. Hotel was clean, room was very comfortable with excellent bed. Ate at the bar one night and food was very acceptable. Place was quiet and staff seemed very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Denders,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I've been staying here for years as a business traveler and top floor Hilton Honors guest but when I ask to make reservations at the front desk, I get told I have to call the hotel! I'm standing in the hotel but the lady keeps directing me away from her rather than trying to solve the problem. And when I do get someone from out back in the offices, I'm told that they cannot offer me the normal rate and I have to pay $179/nite for 3 of my 5 day planned ahead stay- yet I can go non-line and get the same room and treatment for $135/nite anytime. That's real customer service for you.

I asked for the manager to no avail- Marriott next door is looking pretty good.

Room Tip: stay at the Marriott next door
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Ron K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid response as we are always trying to find ways to improve on our services. I am truly sorry to hear about the frustrations with your regular rate not being available during your planned stay. We would love to speak with you about this if you have the time. You can ask for me or for Jennifer Donaldson, our Director of Revenue. We do very much value and appreciate your loyalty and business with our hotel and hope to see you again on your next trip to Mesa!

Brianne Pass
Front Office Supervisor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Phoenix Marriott Mesa
Courtyard Phoenix Mesa
Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Hilton Phoenix Airport
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#12 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa? Share your experiences!