“Great stay”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I have to agree with many of the previous reviews. The staff is excellent and the hotel very pleasant.
My room was large and light with a great bed. It wasn't the most modern or stylish room but it was comfortable, clean and quiet. I liked the fridge for storing your own drinks and snacks and the fact that you can open the windows.
The hotel offers a shuttle service to a couple of large shopping malls and the driver was particularly helpful by also offering me a ride to a local supermarket, which otherwise would have been a twenty minute walk.
The pool area is pleasant and the on-site restaurant good for breakfast. In the immediate locality is a shopping mall with all the usual shops including Macy's and Dillards and a Target beyond. Walgreens and Walmart are close-by too. For eating there is a Red Lobster just a couple of minutes walk away. Otherwise the hotel is situated next to a busy freeway in a very pleasant and safe suburb.
The only reason that I have not awarded the hotel five stars is that there were insufficient sun loungers around the pool - otherwise everything else was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear heb999,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our amenities. I would also like to thank you for sharing your pictures with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Mesa is convenient, as it is right next to the freeway, but a bit remote from any real fun or attractions. Pool is tiny, but the rooms are clean and nice. Good hotel if you are not planning on hanging out there all day. Gym is good.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear Donald K,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and providing us with your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

What a great place .... Thanks to Kay on the front desk for being so help full, and the rest of the staff. This a great place to sta while in Mesa. The people were warm, and friendly. The rooms were clean, and well kept. I'd come back here again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a large balcony. :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank FJK-CDN
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear FJK-CDN,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I would love to go back to this wonderful Hotel one day...It was a beautiful, peaceful place, and the staff, and customer service was outstanding! I will never forget this Hotel! Great Breakfast , Bar, and Restaurants.....

Room Tip: Higher floors always come with a great view outside!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear Trizem21,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and service. We would love to have you back soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We were very impressed with the hotel, particularly the incredible customer service we received.
The staff were friendly, well informed, helpful and professional.
1. The cleaning staff always made eye contact, greeted us, and asked if they could be of service when we passed them in the halls.
2. The server we had for breakfast each morning remembered us, remembered our preferences (how we liked our coffee, that we'd want a to-go cup, etc.)
3. The concierge helped us find a great local spa, gave us good directions, etc.
4. We were there for a conference. They treated our entire group (of approx. 125) exceptionally well, were cheerfully accommodating in every instance.
5. The General Manager passed us in the lobby. He stopped and asked how our stay was, if there was anything we needed. Only when he left did another business person point out who he was.

I have never bothered to write a review in the past, but we were so impressed I felt it was only right to share the info.

Room Tip: I'd recommend pool facing not parking lot facing. Beds were all really comfortable, rooms clean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Sarah H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, as our motto is “Everyone Leaves Happy.” I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

If you want something grander then go to Scottsdale and pay treble the price. But why when the Mesa Hilton provides everything that 99.9% of us want or need and does it very well! Furthermore you still will not find better staff anywhere. The location is very convenient. I've been coming here for about 15 years and have never been let down or disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are not a gold / platinum memebr then pay the samll supplement for the executive floor - it h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear AndyRWeybridge,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. We greatly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you for many more years to come!

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Very accommodating friendly staff. I arrived late one evening a day ahead of what was my anticipated dates of arrival and front desk had no problem in providing me with an identical discounted room rate to what I already had booked & registered myself for duration of my stay. Being I arrived very late my first evening it was 11;30 PM,the front desk responsively informed me at check in that room service if I was interested still was available till 12 AM. Upon entering my room, I immediately called room service and ordered a hot meal and was informed by room service my food prep wait time will be 20 minutes or longer, Guess what? They over performed and showed up in under half that amount of time from what I had previously been told - and my food was hot with nice presentation. Next morning finds a newspaper waiting for me located just outside my hotel room door= makes for a nice touch. I like fresh air and guess what hotel room has balcony door that actually opens up to allow for fresh air to come inside- nice! The cost of breakfast buffet is included in my room rate package makes my stay an even better economic value. The breakfast buffet menu is extensive with all the usual food items, makes this a great value; includes both hot and cold freshly made foods that are available and is in addition to fresh custom made to order egg omlettes. Hotel lobby was airy and spacious, although I/m not a big fan of eating candy this lobby comes equipped with a 24/7 M&M candy dispenser that is always free and the lobby itself remained without any the funny but usual hotel smells on emight expect to find elsewhere. Hotel lobby and it's room decor was relatively clean although not to my style of choice or liking, still it was more than adequate and always comfortable clean and yes surprisingly quiet. The enclosed Indoor atrium floor plan visually makes for an interesting architectural space. Unfortunately my bathroom's floor plan consisted of very cramped space - not to my liking, Additionally my only bathroom door always opened inwards directly into the solid glass shower door that is located immediately and directly behind remained as a constant looming threat as well as always existed as the still greater inconvenience and liability in terms of an accident just waiting to happen - could end up with broken glass shower door, first and always required that each and every morning before showering in order to step inside the shower, first you had step aside in order to physically move the bathroom door out of the way before you had enough foot space that was big enough in order to find yourself next stepping inside the shower itself - became a daily ritual and real pain in the a** to constantly have to deal with first thing every morning. Housekeeping staff was erratic, one day they show up bright and early to clean my room before 9AM is OK, yet day next I returned back to my room after 2 PM and housekeeping still had not shown up to make my recently slept in bed, clean or straighten up,.. weird. Shower water pressure and temp always were both fine to deal with, no issues or complaints. For those so inclined to take a brisk walk to existing nearby shopping, this hotel physically is located directly across the street down the block from a major shopping mall and other streets of commerce. In addition this hotel offers guests complimentary shuttle service to anywhere within a 3 mile radius.My stay was for 5 days business. I travel frequently and often and I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: My room was situated just several feet further away from the nearest elevator, made for intermittent...

Dear getrich2011,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, as we greatly appreciate it. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback about the housekeeping services has been passed along to the department head and will be fixed immediately. Again I would like to thank you for your time in writing this and I hope to see you in the near future!