“Decent stay but prefer downtown Phoenix”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Atlanta, GA
“Decent stay but prefer downtown Phoenix”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here and in Mesa because we had meetings near by. We had a quick check in but one of my coworkers had to go back downstairs to get another room because the room was smoky. My room was huge and quite spacious. The bathroom was on the small side. I also had a nice view of the golf course in room 511. Housekeeping was a standout for me because she noticed I was very low on toothpaste and left me a note & small tube of toothpaste. Thank you!

My coworker did enjoy the free buffet breakfast.

Overall the hotel is cool but there's nothing great around the hotel in the way of shopping and restaurants outside of chain restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear cstocker,

We appreciate your response from your recent stay with us at the Hilton Phoenix/Mesa. We value our guests feedback and strive to ensure every guest leaves happy. I will make sure to pass along the information to our staff to better your stay and compliment them on the things they do best. We would like to take the opportunity to make your stay a better experience, so feel free to contact us if you are ever in the area.

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The hotel was very good. Arrived off hwy 60 and found the hotel with no problem. Check-in was prompt (Marcus) and the room was comfortable. My view was over a golf course so it was fine. The bathroom was okay; the shower head was a bit strange. Slept really well the first night.
Housekeeping did not replace the bath towels ( strange ) but didn't want anyone at the room after a long day. Started to fall asleep until a group of kids above me were running and pounding (wrestling perhaps) on the floor. Finally called security after 1 am and the noise stopped. Noise started early the next morning because of a dog group in the hotel. Fortunately, I left early in the morning and the room was cleaned, with clean towels, when I returned. Had watched the football game and was falling asleep until similar noise issues. (The bar had been understandably noisy earlier). Called security again after 1am to get the kids to settle down. The business center was convenient for printing boarding passes. Marcus seemed to be working every shift. He was friendly and well versed on a variety of options in the local area. Spoke to Steven upon checkout and he was very apologetic. Used both the pool and Jacuzzi. The breakfast buffet was okay. Site was very convenient to event and will return. Parking was convenient and available. Might bring earphones.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for the 8th floor if there are groups in the hotel.
Colorado springs, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel was great. Room temperature was excellent! Most hotels that I have been in have a terrible cooling/heating system and my night's sleep was horrible due to being too hot or too cold. This hotel was NOT like that! I slept WONDERFULLY!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Stuttgart, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

In my recent stay at the Hilton Phoenix/Mesa, it seemed that they were short on staff constantly at the front desk. Also, they advertise that they have a shuttle that will take you anywhere up to 3 miles from the hotel. This is an important thing for me because I went for a conference and so I flew in. Upon arrival I found out that the shuttle was not running on all of the days because the driver had a day off-that is understandable but there should be more than one driver. Also, the shuttle service ended at 7pm. That is hardly enough time to make it to dinner and back. The location of the hotel is convenient from the highway and a quick trip to the airport, but the surrounding areas seem to be going downhill and felt unsafe if walking. (this is especially inconvenient when the shuttle service is not working...) There is a mall very close to the hotel but it is closing down along with all other businesses in the area.
The breakfast buffet was excellent and all of the meals that I had at the bar's restaurant were very good. Bar and housekeeping staff were very friendly and efficient.
Overall, I would not stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank cmcaudillo
Norfolk, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

The beautiful entrance to the hotel was very inviting. The rooms were simple but really nice. The bathroom size was disappointing and there was no microwave. The pool was too cold to swim in (I thought it was heated). We liked the hot tub. The view out of our patio doors was beautiful and relaxing during our 3 day stay. If given the chance, I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Wuppertal, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I visited the Hilton Mesa for a couple of days when I attended an international organization conference over there. I was all pretty nice. They have a lot of parking lots, they were only about 10% full. The check-in was easy, I got a nice room with a fantastic view over some green areas of Mesa and some mountains. The room was very clean and modern, the bed was very soft and had a high sleep comfort. The conference rooms were large and at least everyone had his/her place. The electronic stuff worked well, we got enough to drink and could just do our stuff in there. Really nice place, I would go there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tucson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel because the convention we were attending was being held here. Our hotel room was large, well furnished, clean and the room tv was very nice. We used the small refrigerator which worked very well. Staff was pleasant and helpful, and the ice machine worked great. I would stay here again.