“Nice typical Hilton”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on business. The place reminded me of an embassy suites with an atrium all the way up. Rooms were large, but not huge and bathrooms were a lil on the small side. Everything was very nice and clean. Checkin was easy and quick. As a diamond member i got a treat bag upon checking in and vouchers for breakfast. Breakfast almost was the same buffet style breakfast as just about all other Hiltons, but they had some delicious apple chicken sausage and egg souffles. Business center is not enclosed and just right off the lobby and easy to use. Fitness center had 3 treadmills and 3 elipticals and free weights and a normal hilton size.
Location is right off the highway within walking distance to the mall and several restaurants. I would stay here again if on business in Mesa. It was a nice hotel and nice stay, but nothing amazing. I did get a great night sleep, i like to leave the AC fan on all night, and at some hotels you cant do that, or else it unusually noisy. This AC fan was just perfect for me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Truprunbike,
Thank your for your feedback, and the overall positive response. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy and would like to make your stay goes from good to outstanding! Please feel free to reach out if you're ever back in the area. We are glad to here you would be back, so on your next visit make sure to ask about our newly renovated rooms. We want to make sure to accommodate your preferences as best as possible.

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Room was clean and smelled fresh. One small problem that was remedied quickly. Staff friendly and courteous. I would stay there again. Meeting rooms were clean and easily changed from one large room to smaller rooms for break-out sessions. Both check-in and check-out were accomplished with minimal wait times, quickly, and courteously.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Stephanie F,
Thank you for writing your comments from your recent stay with us at the Hilton Phoenix/Mesa. We are glad to hear you were happy with your overall experience. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy and look forward to having you here again. Feel free to reach out to us if you're ever back in the area!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We attended a Conference held at the hotel in November 2013. The hotel is well situate with easy access to restaurants and stores - in walking distance. Hotel staff greeted us warmly and we were impressed with their sincere friendly attitudes. It appeared the hotel was short-staffed during our visit but the staff that were on hand worked hard to meet our needs, always willing to go that extra mile, never complaining. Our room overlooking the entrance was clean with no special features. However, we were disappointed with the requested 'balcony'. It was almost non-existent, although other rooms were better appointed and had more comfortable balconies. We would stay at the Hilton Phoenix Mesa again should we return to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course are preferred. Larger balconies are best feature.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Brenda F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Phoenix/Mesa. We are glad to hear you were happy with our service, regardless of the busy season. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy so if you are ever back in the area, please feel free to reach out and we can provide you with the best room based on your preferences. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Love this hotel! We were originally booked at a different hotel down the street. When we arrived, our room was not ready so we went in search of another hotel. Hilton was right around the corner. They were able to accommodate us immediately. The hotel staff were friendly & knowledgeable. The rooms, clean and modern (very updated). Highly recommend this hotel. Oh, and the price, extremely affordable! Will always book at Hilton Hotels in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Victor R,

We appreciate the great comment based on your recent stay with us at the Hilton Phoenix/Mesa. We will make sure to pass along the compliments to our staff. We strive to ensure everyone leaves happy and feel we have accomplished that during your stay. We encourage you to look into our HHonors program, which will benefit you through all of our hilton brand hotels. Feel free to reach out to us for more information.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

As mentioned in a previous review of this property from OCT12, I will once again mention how friendly and attentive the staff are at this hotel. They never fail to impress me and are also great for a chat.

I do feel however that this hotel is long overdue a refurbishment. I had a lovely large room on the top floor with a fantastic view over the golf course and surrounding mountains however the room was so dull and sparten. The room was huge but had very little furniture to fill it. The furniture that was there was old and tired and the room colouring was just drab. I was also disappointed by the availability of electrical sockets beside the bed in which I could charge my phone and iPad within easy reach.

The room service here was fantastic and of reasonable value. I had the potstickers and a salad and neither disappointed and once again delivered by friendly staff.

During my visit there was a dog show taking place which initially concerned me but once again i was impressed by how the staff managed to keep the whole even discrete but still showed a passion for their animal guests which was lovely to see, right down to the complimentary doggy treats beside the reception desk in place of the usual M&Ms.

My only serious problem with this hotel is that the area around it seems to be dying out. The Fiesta Mall across the road seems to be in serious decline with a large number of shops closed not to mention the noticeable absence of the shops in the stripmall directly opposite the hotel. But the hotel cannot be blamed for this.

All in all another lovely stay and I look forward to my return.

Room Tip: Try to get a high up floor facing east.

Dear Irishstandards,

First of all we would like to thank you for your loyalty and friendship. Also, we appreciate your feedback on your previous stay with us at the Hilton Phoenix/Mesa. We strive to ensure all of our guests leave happy and would like to accommodate you in one of our recently renovated rooms on your next stay. Make sure to ask about them the next time you book a reservation at our hotel. We also encourage you to ask our staff about any requirements or recommendations during your stay, as we would like to better your experience in any way we can.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here and in Mesa because we had meetings near by. We had a quick check in but one of my coworkers had to go back downstairs to get another room because the room was smoky. My room was huge and quite spacious. The bathroom was on the small side. I also had a nice view of the golf course in room 511. Housekeeping was a standout for me because she noticed I was very low on toothpaste and left me a note & small tube of toothpaste. Thank you!

My coworker did enjoy the free buffet breakfast.

Overall the hotel is cool but there's nothing great around the hotel in the way of shopping and restaurants outside of chain restaurants.

Dear cstocker,

We appreciate your response from your recent stay with us at the Hilton Phoenix/Mesa. We value our guests feedback and strive to ensure every guest leaves happy. I will make sure to pass along the information to our staff to better your stay and compliment them on the things they do best. We would like to take the opportunity to make your stay a better experience, so feel free to contact us if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The hotel was very good. Arrived off hwy 60 and found the hotel with no problem. Check-in was prompt (Marcus) and the room was comfortable. My view was over a golf course so it was fine. The bathroom was okay; the shower head was a bit strange. Slept really well the first night.
Housekeeping did not replace the bath towels ( strange ) but didn't want anyone at the room after a long day. Started to fall asleep until a group of kids above me were running and pounding (wrestling perhaps) on the floor. Finally called security after 1 am and the noise stopped. Noise started early the next morning because of a dog group in the hotel. Fortunately, I left early in the morning and the room was cleaned, with clean towels, when I returned. Had watched the football game and was falling asleep until similar noise issues. (The bar had been understandably noisy earlier). Called security again after 1am to get the kids to settle down. The business center was convenient for printing boarding passes. Marcus seemed to be working every shift. He was friendly and well versed on a variety of options in the local area. Spoke to Steven upon checkout and he was very apologetic. Used both the pool and Jacuzzi. The breakfast buffet was okay. Site was very convenient to event and will return. Parking was convenient and available. Might bring earphones.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for the 8th floor if there are groups in the hotel.