“Recommendation”

Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Snohomish, United States
“Recommendation”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I would recomend Mesa Hilton to anyone who enjoyes a stress free, high customer service, generous amenities experience for either business or pleasure. My husband and I were greeted promptly by friendly associates and immediately felt welcomed as valued as customers. The lobby was warm and inviting as was my room. The pool area was clean and relaxing. The bar experience at happy hour was fun and offered affordable options. The breakfast was amazing although it started a bit late for our commitments. I would like it to begin at 6:00 over 6:30 for business travelers. Otherwise 5 Star experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Lori Marie S,

We appreciate your kind comments and taking the time to respond. It makes us very happy to know you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Phoenix/Mesa, where we strive to ensure every guest leaves happy. Sorry to hear the Zuni was not opened as early as you hoped so. Feel free to let our guest assistants know next time you are here, since they can help figure out other options. We go out of our way to satisfy are guests needs any way we can. Hope to see you soon!

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Turkish first
Denver, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Room was not very clean. Staff was informative but not helpful. We had stayed at this hotel in the past and had much better service, has changed in the last year. But coffee in the room was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Alice Maron,

We appreciate your sincere feedback. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our service. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy so we will make sure to focus on improving any way we can as the busy season fades, and allows it us to better our services. Please feel free to give us a call should you have any other concerns or are ever back in the area. We would love to have you back!

Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I recently arrived at this property at 9:00 pm expecting to check in. Unfortunately the person who booked the hotel had the wrong dates. I was a no show for the prior night and the hotel was entirely sold out. Here I was, 9:00 at night in the middle of spring training and no room. The Hilton general manager immediately assisted me and checked every Hilton property in Phoenix. No properties were available. He then found a hotel nearby for me to stay. After finding the nearby hotel he insisted I come back the next night and would have a room available. I was very impressed with the professionalism and eagerness to help me out of my predicament. The mix up was entirely my fault yet the Hilton staff went out of their way to accommodate me. I went back to the Hilton the next night and had a wonderful stay in a very nice room.

In the future I will go out of my way to stay at the Hilton East Mesa because of their excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Freeway.
Dear Robert H,

Thank you for your feedback and detailed comments. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy, so we are glad to hear the manager on duty fulfilled your needs at the best of his ability. We will make sure to recognize them and use this situation as an example of what our hospitality is like. We understand that in times, guests or 3rd party reservations could make mistakes, so we try to do our best to fix the situation. We look forward to seeing you again, please call us anytime1

Mesa, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel does not live up to the Hilton brand. The room was dark and smelled. The first room I was put in smell like smoke, so I was moved to a room overlooking the highway. The center of the hotel is open and all 4 days I was there kids were playing tag between floors running through the hallways and monopolizing the elevators.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Drik C,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with us, and want to thank you for your feedback. I will ensure our staff is aware and will do anything to avoid this from happening to our guests. I also want to apologize for any inconveniences other current guests might have caused during your stay. If you ever have any questions or concerns, we will be happy to listen and/or make it up to you if possible.

Charleston, WV
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a nice hotel with a noise problem. The location is very good, being located just off thje highway and close to Mesa business area and the new Cubs Park for spring training. The lobby is nice, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The bed I had was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. The problem? The windows (which in my room were French Doors) we single pane, allowing the noise from the highway to come right into your bed with you. When this hotel has renovated the windows and does some TLC in the baths, I will be back. Until then, avoid this hotel unless you are a heavy sleeper.

Dear WVDan,

Thank you for your comments. Our goal is to make sure every guest leaves happy so we value your feedback to ensure they do. We are glad to hear you were happy with our staff and services. As far as the noise and window issue, we will pass the information along and discuss better options for the future. In the meantime, you can always ask us about obtaining a quiet room. The location can make a huge difference, especially for any light sleeper. We will make sure to try to accommodate your needs to the best of our ability.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just ok. Booked a junior suite for 5 days. The room was fine, bed comfortable. I did not like the 10.95 charge per day for wifi . Over the stay, went to bar and was charged 4 different prices for the same drink from 7 to 10 dollars. I had executive perk with access to free breakfast . The food was sparse and not that good. You can get better at any run of the mill chain hotel. You can find better places for a lot less money!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear ispvp2,

Thank you for taking your time to respond via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback to help improve our service and satisfy our guests' needs. We hate to hear you we did not exceed your expectations. I have made sure to pass along your comments to our management and staff and make them aware of our areas for improvement. We would love the opportunity to make your stay for from average to exceptional, so please give us a call if you are ever in the area again.

Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Older Atrium style hotel. After a long day of travel, I arrived at hotel around 10:30 PM. When checking in, I was told my room was not available yet and it would be about 30 mins. This did not sit well with me, but no big deal. I went to the bar to get a drink(I felt like a diamond member not having a room ready at 10:30pm they could have offered to buy me a drink). The bar was a simple, standard hotel bar. Service was slow but fine, he was very busy and was working hard to get everyone served. Got into my room, it was by the elevator(Request room away from elevator if you want quiet). Room was very clean. Air conditioner unit was loud when it clicked on and rattled when it ran, but again no big deal.

The Diamond members lounge for breakfast had VERY limited stuff and I choose just to pay for breakfast in the main restaurant. The food and service in the main restaurant was fantastic. A little expensive, but this is to be expected. Again the breakfast food was good and the service was great!

Nest day decided just to have a simple breakfast in the lounge and they were out of food. I waited for about 10 mins for it to be replenished before I just gave up and went to main restaurant again where everything was fantastic again, minus the fact that I had to pay for it as a diamond member.

I asked for a late checkout and was told no. Was not happy about that either, but this was not vital just would have been very nice.

Overall, this place was fine--I would probably stay again.

My wife and I are currently evaluating how Marriott treats Platinum Vs. Hilton treats Diamond and the current consensus is Marriott treats their frequent guests a little better. Stay tuned!

Room Tip: Get room away from elevator if you want quiet. The atrium amplifies sound quite a bit.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Purduepete2,
First of all, I want to thank you for you feedback. We truly do appreciate the time you took to let us know about your experience and are sincerely sorry your stay was not exceptional. I'd like to start with by apologizing for the check in time. During busy season like this one, sometimes things don't go as smooth as we would like. However, we do understand your disappointment and agree to have taken care of your drink while you waited. Your feedback has been passed along to our staff and managers to avoid these things from happening, including making sure we are well staffed and extra food is prepared. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our food quality in the Zuni Grill. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy and we would appreciate a chance to make it up. Please let us know in advance if you are ever back, we will make sure to take good care of you.