“A little tired-but friendly staff”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is a little tired... Rooms need updating, bathrooms need updating. However, staff great & v friendly. Breakfast buffet is basic but good value. In fact..room service is too. The gym is ok & open 24 hours.
Not the fault of the hotel...but there is not much round there..the local mall seems to be closing ...but the hotel does operate a shuttle to another Mall-but it has only 7 seats & only goes once & collects once... Not good if hotel busy.
Pool nice, spa like a bath!!
All in all-ok, but needs updating...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sarahws888,

Thank you for your response via TripAdvisor. We value our guests feedback and appreciate your comments to help better our facility and service. Some of our rooms have been recently renovated so I recommend you inquire about these if you are every back in town. We are also in the works of revamping our place in the near future so we hope you get a chance to come back and see it. Again thank you for your feedback and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here with my mother during Memorial Day weekend, as I had to come to Phoenix for business. I called ahead to have my room upgraded to a larger room as I had mother staying with me.

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions in the past, and one thing that is always consistent is the friendliness of the staff. One in particular is Gloria who works evening in the executive lounge, as she always makes you feel like your in comfort of your own home.

Although the rooms are becoming somewhat dated the staff make up for it, and they beds are very comfortable. Also the room service menu is reasonably price, and doesn't come with all the usual USA taxes and any other charge you can think of. We had a car for the duration of our trip, and great thing about this Hilton is it was free of charge for parking.

Thanks again to all the staff, and Gloria for making this a great stay.

Room Tip: Pay the additional for the Executive Lounge if you can as you won't be disapointed, Gloria is by...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear HighFlyer27_UK,

We want to start out by thanking you for your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I will certainly make sure to thank Gloria for her service. I cannot say I am surprised, she is one of our most friendly and recognized employees here. We look forward to seeing you again, and please do not hesitate to give us a call, we recommend our newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

As a recently married same sex couple, my husband and I explored many options in search of the perfect event venue. Although we ended up having an outdoor reception at a friend's central corridor home, we may have made a different decision had we explored this property. While experiencing a chef's table meal in their beautiful atrium setting, we were pleasantly surprised to encounter a fully welcoming staff. From start to finish the staff greeted us with open minds and helped us to feel incredibly welcome. The food surpassed our expectations wildly in both taste and presentation. This property is a hidden gem. I encourage any of you who are planning a same sex wedding to give this property your utmost consideration. You will be glad you did!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Mike K,

We appreciate you taking the time to write an incredible review for us through TripAdvisor. We value guests feedback so we will definitely acknowledge and congratulate our entire staff for their outstanding service. Hilton encourages and offers Pride and LGBT package specials, so feel free to inquire about these deals through our reservations agents. We treat all our of guests and clients equally regardless of their preferences so it is good to know our efforts do not go unnoticed. Again, thank you and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Even though this hotel is obviously an older facility, it is well maintained and clean. The staff here are some of the best anywhere. The exercise facility is very nice. Having the TV monitors on each device and headsets from the front desk is really nice. Can't forget the huge drum of M&Ms' at the front desk. I always grab a cup full.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear William O,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and am glad to hear your were happy. Our staff does their best to provide excellent service so I will make sure to thank them for their hospitality. We encourage you to ask about our renovated rooms the next time you are here, we're sure you'll like them.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I returned this year for my annual conference. I liked it even more this time. Felt like I was coming home. My check-in with Raysha was easy and friendly. I had gotten the upgrade to the Executive level. This put me on the 7th floor which was recently renovated (along with the 8th floor) and gave me access to the Executive lounge for continental breakfast and evening reception.
I went to my room first to check it out. It was beautifully appointed with new mattresses, linens, flat screen, marble counters in the bathroom, and full sized mirror. It also very spacious. I got worried because it overlooked the highway and a rooftop with an air conditioning unit. I could hear both a little in the room. I called down to see if I could move and they gladly offered another room. However, I decided to try one night. Glad I did! I did not notice any sounds and was very pleased with the room upgrades. (You never know what you will get when you trade rooms.)
I had vouchers for breakfast and enjoyed the selection. The wait staff was courteous and attentive. In fact, the next day, my waiter remembered that I took decaf. Now that is service!
I hope we stay here again next year. I will enjoy seeing the staff again, especially Gloria in the Executive Lounge. She is so personable and helpful, like a sister from another mother!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 7th or 8th floor. They were recently renovated.

Dear Faith P,

We appreciate your detailed response via TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy so your feedback is very important. I am delighted to hear your stay went great and even better than the last. I have made sure to acknowledge our employees on their excellent service and passed along your comments to all our staff to encourage the good work. Please feel free to reach out to us on your next trip here with any preferences. We would like to make it even better!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hilton used to stand for excellence; now it is more like we will see what we can do without doing. Service is not a priority and facilities need updating. Food is adequate, but not spectacular. Poor excuse for an exercise facility; front desk with attitude

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Lee H,

I would like to start by thanking you for you response. We truly value every guest's feedback to help improve our hospitality and service. Second, I want to apologize for any inconveniences or for the lacking of making your stay excellent. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy so your feedback will definitely be taken into deep consideration. We have renovated a few rooms and are looking into making bigger renovations in the future, so if you are ever back again don't forget to inquire about these rooms and facilities. We would love the opportunity to make your stay better and can ensure you we will take action in doing so. Again my apologies and feel free to contact us with any questions or requests.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This property is located close to shopping and the freeway. The rooms are kept in excellent condition and the staff are always helpful. There was plenty of well lite parking and Hilton Honors members are greeted with a gift. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear revjcomage,

We appreciate your response via TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to hear your stay was convenient and service was excellent. We will make sure to emphasize the gratitude to our employees on their service. We look forward to having you again, don't hesitate to reach out the next time you are in town.

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Phoenix Marriott Mesa
Courtyard Phoenix Mesa
Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Hilton Phoenix Airport
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#12 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa? Share your experiences!