“Very pleasant experience”

Alessia's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #12 of 924 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Very nice decor and ambiance for a strip mall restaurant. They have an attractive outside dining area that was very quaint. They were quite busy so we waited in the smallish cocktail lounge and sampled some very nice wines. It was well worth the wait in my opinion. Our entrees were good and flavorfull. The service was very adequate for having an overflow crowd. The owner kept checking in on us to make sure we were ok with the wait. The wine list was extensive and my friend the wine connoisseur though it was esonable in price. The entrees were very reasonable. I would certianly go there again.

• Visited February 2013

mesa
“not as good as we wished”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

Saturday evening feb. 2nd 2013 five of us with family in from California, we tried alessia's after reading excellent reviews from yelp members but the disappointment was awful. Waited for bread and water then waited a long time for our entrees which were swimming in sauce. Ravioli too well done on the sides and the other food was not finished. Dessert was also disappointing. Would never go again and I have spread the word with my friends. The prices were very high for what would be a normal italian dinner. Made me wonder about the people who write a review. Barbara

• Visited February 2013
Regina, Canada
“NIce family restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

The decor was tasteful. The service was quite good, and the husband of the couple that operates the restaurant was helpful in choosing a wine from the extensive wine list. The beer list was surprisingly good for an Italian restaurant although it didn't include my beer style. My wife and I sampled the veal and the lamb. They were, again, quite good, but we would not rate them excellent. Both came with a very tart sauce, which may enhance the flavours for some, but for myself the tartness overwhelmed the subtleties of the lamb; it could have been veal, steak or pork. The antipasto was adequate but not exciting.
In general, we were not disappointed but also notv exactly overwhelmed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank BevRobertson
“Nice romantic dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

Service was great, everyone was very friendly. The food was classic Italian and was worth every $! Extensive wine list made getting a bottle a must.

Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Authentic flavors, great wine, friendly staff. Intimate setting, great for a date night. My husband and I went with friends and we all ordered different entrees. They were all fantastic. Mesa doesn't have much to choose from for fine Italian dining and this place is a hidden jewel.

Visited November 2012