“Fabulous”

Dining options: Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal here this week! What a great find---authentic Italian food, everything fresh and house made---even the pasta and the sausage. The gnocchi with sausage was one of the best dishes I have ever eaten Perfect service. Not fancy---just wonderful!

Visited August 2014

Yuma, Arizona
“I wish I could be as excited as the other reviewers are, but I'm not.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It's good. The food is good. The service is fine, almost hovering. Refilling your water glass after every two sips gets a bit tiring. I guess I was waiting for the "WOW" factor, and I never found it. I thought the place was a little high-priced. I left thinking more about the money we had just spent than the quality of the food we had eaten. I wouldn't go there for a "Gee, Honey, let's go out for dinner tonight", nor I wouldn't choose it for a special occasion.

Visited July 2014
Mesa, Arizona
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Agreed, it is not upscale Scottsdale, and it is housed in a shopping mall. However, if you crave true Italian cuisine, put your doubts aside and visit Alessia's in east Mesa. Having dined there countless times, we always anticipate our next visit.
Upon entering, the staff from the owner John, to the busboy, are friendly, outgoing, fun, and overly anxious to please the patrons. They have a loyal following, so if Friday or Saturday are your dining nights, I recommend a reservation.
The worst meal we have had there was excellent, beginning with Formaggio, or a large serving of mussels (superb), or the caprese. While I am not a big salad person, my wife always gives the salads high marks.
The pasta is always perfect el dente, and the risotto is cooked to perfection. All the sauces that accompany are truly made from scratch, and excellent.
Room for meat? While there may be better salmon served, I have yet to find it. Lamb is also a favorite, as is the veal marsala.
Paired with a enormous choice of excellent Italian wines, you will return.
Save room for gelato next door at The Dolce Vita Italian Grocer. Taste test until you find the flavor you want from the endless choices. One scoop in a waffle cone will be all you can consume after your dinner at Alessia's.
Bon apetit.........

RTinAZ

• Visited May 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Say hello to homemade pasta”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Arizona has many Southwestern restaurants but if you have a craving for Italian cuisine in the Phoenix area, check out Alessia. This is an upscale place, with prices that are not exorbitant but not bottom dollar. The inside is nicely decorated but there is also a patio area, with some covered tables, some open. The wine list is extensive, with many available by the glass. The list definitely favours Italian wines, and sangria and bellinis are the cocktail choices. My husband ordered a dish with homemade sausage and pasta. It was delicious but the thin sauce would have been more compatible with penne than the fettucine recommended by the server. I ordered a breaded veal on a salad topped with fresh mozzeralla chunks and shredded tomatoes. It was delicious too. Both dishes were $17, which we felt was reasonable for the size and quality of the food. Fresh warm bread was served with a dipping sauce, and we shared a tiramisu which was better than some I ate in restaurants in Italy a few months ago. The red sangria is a bit sweet but the white sangria has a pleasant peachy taste to it. The bellini was also tasty but might have been better with fewer ice cubes. The service was good, and all of the food was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant. There is an extensive menu to choose from and all the pasta is homemade. We did not have reservations and I do not know if they take them but it was quite full when we arrived and when we left.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lorraine1065
Post Falls, Idaho
“Met all expectations.”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We went for dinner Alessia's Ristorante Italiano http://www.alessiasristoranteitaliano.com/ on Valentines with our friends. What a great find. We dined outside on the patio and it was perfect. The service was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and attentive, and the owner, Jon Carr visited our table to make sure we were comfortable and to find out where we were from. The food was excellent! I had the Alfredo with chicken. They have a large wine list to select from. We had a nice Italian Red. I thought the prices were reasonable. No complaints what-so-ever. Oh...make sure to finish off your meal with their Tiramisu...you won't be disappointed.

This seems to be a very popular place. We were there when it opened, and within 30 minutes, the place was full (Valentines Day I'm sure). When we left an hour and a half later it was still full and there were about 30 people waiting outside.

• Visited February 2014