“Really good food”

Zushi Japanese Bistro
Ranked #403 of 957 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Sushi, rolls, edamame... all excellant. I like to sit in the bar here. It has more atmosphere than the restaurant part.

There are newer reviews for Zushi Japanese Bistro

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Wish it was in the hands of the original owner. We've tried this place a few times; keep hoping that maybe it will get better??? For basic sushi, it's OK. Nothing outstanding. Almost all choices are with rice...and they use a lot of rice. Yes, this is one of the staples for sushi, but when you have other locations (one right across the street) that like to get creative, you tend to expect those choices. This is a great place to have a drink - great drink specials and nice little patio.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

My wife and I have eaten sushi at probably every sushi place in the east valley and many in scottsdale and Tempe. Definitely better than the chain sushi restaurants. Don't go by the name, this place is very good and has excellent quality sushi. The thing that impresses me the most is the originality of their sushi. They have spicy sushi, some with jalapeños, some sushi with cilantro, lemon or red snapper. I haven't seen the combinations they come up with anywhere else except their sister restaurant, Sushi Kee. If your sushi experience is a california roll and some spicy tuna and you like some of the spicy options, try this place and it's specials. You will not be disappointed. I've never tried their food, I tell myself I will every time we go, but we just end up ordering more sushi and sashimi.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Zushi has a wide selection of sushis and other Japanese specialties - their seaweed in particular is very nice. It's definitely one of the better Japanese restaurants in the Phoenix area.

1  Thank Cameron R
Reviewed 23 November 2011

There's a huge selection of both raw & cooked sushi - we ended up at Zushi after the other 3 restaurants nearby all had huge wait lines ... I am so glad we went ,as everything was very fresh tasting & delicious. We had a variety of sushi as well as eels which were really yummy - not sure if they were fresh (unlikely) or frozen, but they tasted as if they were right off the boat. It's not all that pretty inside, & it might have been the waiter's first or second day (not very knowledgeable in general & specifically clueless about wine ...) but the food more than compensated, will go back for sure.