“Yummy”

Black Angus Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 937 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Power Rd and Hampton Ave
“Yummy”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have to say this was one of the best visits to Black Angus when it came to the food. My steak was perfectly cooked and seasoned. However, the service was the worst we have experienced. I think our waitress was ready to go home.

Visited May 2014

Mesa, AZ
“Very good food, but even better service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Yes, the prices are a little high for a chain restuarant, but for a busy Friday night, the service was excellant. It was almost like they weren't busy. I am sure this comes from management, since not all restaurants are like this. From the hosts to the servers, they all had a "how can I help" attitude. We have a picky group, yet all orders were as requested. A number of them also ask for the server's opinions on everything, and our server was well versed on the various options. Everyone liked what they ordered. I also appreciated the fact that they take reservations and are ready when you arrive, even if you arrive a little early.

• Visited May 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Too expensive for the food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

You know, the food isn't bad at all, it's quite tasty but I still can't believe the check when it arrives. We always imagine perhaps they've mixed us up with the other table of four, who had lobster and two bottles of wine. Definitely over priced for what you get, even if you skip the appetizers to save a few $$$. It's better if you happen to have a coupon with you (the campfire feast for two isn't a bad deal when it's on special) but we stopped coming here after it didn't seem worth it any more.

Can't complain about the waitstaff at all, they're always attentive and pleasant, the food arrives in good time. I think if there are four of you, and the company is fun and the wine is flowing it can be a great place to eat and bond with family. Assuming Dad or kindly Uncle Fred picks up the check. But for just the two of us, it always seem like we paid way too much.

• Visited April 2014
“nice”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Had lunch with my sister here. Nice choice of lunch specials. i ordered the FILET MIGNON SANDWICH topped with sautéed onions & red bell peppers, sharp Cheddar cheese & chipotle mayo.The meat was cooked to perfection. The side dish was coleslaw, which I disliked because it had a ton of dressing. The waitress quickly replaced the coleslaw with fries.

• Visited December 2013
“Always good”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I tend to eat here when they offer a coupon. They offer some great specials on occasion. I think this is one of the better steak houses in Mesa. I have never been disappointed when eating here. Food is prepared well and they have a wonderful selection of deserts.

• Visited November 2013