“Just like home”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This place started off in a Chicago suburb when I lived there, after moving to AZ I learned that Baci had also moved. Everything tastes the same and is awesome. The linguini with clams is to die for.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Diner from Phoenix

My husband was out of town and I was in the mood for Italian food last night, so I googled the Italian restaurants in my area. (He and I normally go to the local Olive Garden, but I was in the mood to support a small business in my area.)

Baci Italian Bistro showed up on Google and I read some of the reviews. I decided to give it a try. This restaurant is in the middle of nowhere, but it didn't matter because the parking lot was FULL, on a Sunday night, no less! I walked in and there was a waiting list, but I was able to sit down in the bar immediately since I was alone.

I looked around and enjoyed the comfortable Italian setting. It was clean, well-lit and organized. As soon as I sat down, my waitress, Clarissa, came by to take my drink order. She brought my drink and took my order right then. The delicious bread came right away, then the salad and finally my entree. In the meantime, Clarissa kept checking on me to make sure everything was okay.

I ordered the lasagna with meat sauce and it was excellent! Everything tasted fresh and not too spicy, but it had a wonderful homemade flavor! I usually stay away from tomato sauce of any kind because it hurts my stomach, but something told me not to worry this time. I am so glad I ordered this delicious entree and had no lingering stomach-ache later!

Frank, the owner, came by to say hello and to check on me while I was eating. We chatted a few moments, then he moved on to greet other guests.

This was truly an A+ experience for me, and I will definitely take my hubby there when he gets back home. I'm so excited to be able to support a wonderful restaurant in my own area! I highly recommend this restaurant! And I am going to enjoy my leftover lasagna for dinner tonight!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Ate here family style with a large group. Salad was bland, only lettuce and croutons, no tomatoes, cucumbers or cheese. Parmesan comes out of a jar on the table. Pasta sauce was boring, had no flavor, not even oregano and was very runny. I get better sauce from a jar. Meatballs and bread were the only things that were good. Wait staff was eh – husband ordered a beer & she tried to bring him an ice tea.

I wouldn’t eat at this restaurant again.

Tip: if you have little children don't plan to change them in the restroom, there is no changing table. Found this out the hard way.

1  Thank R2NAZ
Reviewed 30 April 2013

A very nice Italian experience. The food was very good and the service was great. The restaurant was bright and nicely decorated.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Lotsa food - mediocre. You decide. Do you want a lot - or do you want good?

The wait staff are are strange. The owner is friendly but obviously only to secure business. The sons mope around like they want to be somewhere else. And all of this just seems to get in the way.

However, the taramisu is quite good.

1  Thank coolmommy101