“Would not go back”

Good for: Child-friendly
Saskatoon, Canada
“Would not go back”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Most of the items were seafood items instead of the more traditional dishes you would see. This would normally be a bonus because I love seafood but I couldn't bring myself to eat any of it or the sushi. I had a bad feeling about the place right from the start and lost my appetite. It just didn't feel clean and fresh to me.

“Challenge Accepted”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I have been here many times. The review I will now post will be a combination of what my experiences have been and tips that will help your experience become even better.

First off, please be very hungry when you go there because you will not once you leave. The service staff are very good, but the kitchen staff and expo line is even better. I watch every detail from which employee is re - ordering the food to be replenished, right down to the employee that brings out the plates for restocking.

Tip#1) Wear relaxing clothes that are Loke sweats to give you that room you will need as your are maximizing of the amount of food you will strive your self to consume.

Tip#2) Go there on a Sunday afternoon because lunch and dinner are served at different times throughout the entire week which means certain food selections may or may not be available depending on what time you go. Sunday gives you the same menu selection from open to close.

Tip#3) Try to be seated near the kitchen where you will easily spot the food and its availability. By sitting in this space you will see what food is running out and more importantly, you will see when they are replacing those items with fresh refills.

Tip#4) Eat with strategy for longevity. There is so many selections of great quality food, you may be tempted to go for what you want and then fill yourself up too quickly. I personally have a method to my madness. I start off with the crab legs. I watch when it gets low and I wait for the body language and the order from expo to the kitchen. Paying attention will prove to be beneficial because once the replenish their stock, you will be the 1st in line for the best slections.

I choose the the crab first because of 2 important facts. Crab is the most expensive item there and it is also the least filling. You will eat more than the amount that you pages immediately if you time precisely.

Tip#5) Once you have had fill with crab, move over to the fleshly shucked oysters or the sashimi section where the sushi is. The psychology of this is to continue eating high priced food without filling up.

Tip#6) Get up and stretch and try to take a bathroom break so you will not feel the weight of the great food you ingested.

Tip#7) Move slowly over the great food but eat just a little so you can finish by the custom cooked Mongolian food that you choose and it is cooked right in front of you. Please remember to bring a tip just for them and give it to them before you order it. Your food will be cooked with a lot more love and precision.

Tip#8) Once you have completed your indulgences, there dessert selections are a great finish to what you just ate.

Tip#9) Excuse yourself to go to the restroom. Take this time to wash your face and your hands thoroughly. Cleanliness is needed for an even greater exit.

Tip#10) Final tip. When getting your bill, you should fairly assess how much food you ate, how quickly your dirty plates were removed by your server, napkins and drinks readily available. Once those figures are assessed, tip a bit higher than you would think. You have been there for a while and if done correctly, you ate far more than double of what you paid. Tipping well will assure a nicer smile to your server and help the tone of service the next time you come again. On your way out, take the time to personally thank the key members of the staff.

Hope this helped.

1 Thank Allen E
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Food was Terrible, Never Again”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Food was at best, slightly warm. They do have a microwave on the counter, but who wants to nuke their food. The best item was the hot tea. All of the food except for my wife's Stir fry was almost cold. We went on a whim thinking that it is closer to where we live, I would rather drive over to the buffet[China City] on Power Rd. The food is MUCH BETTER and the waitresses are also better. The last time that we went to this restaurant about 2 years ago , I told my wife that I really did not enjoy it, this time it's the same feeling. They need to update their Steam Tables as they just don't keep the food hot.

• Visited December 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Good food for the price.....”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

One of our favorite places to go on a weekend night as it is conveniently located near our home. Many foods to choose with Asian being primarily' the Sushi, to me, is great and the chef is on hand preparing it so its very fresh. Lots of different seafoods: oysters, clams, crab legs, Chinese food, traditional food, etc.
During the winter months it is usually very crowded during the hours of 5:30 to 7:30, so make plans or be prepared for a wait of anywhere between 15 - 40 minutes...usually standing as sitting is very limited.

• Visited November 2013
Apacje Junction,A
“ho hum”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Went there for lunch arriving at 1:00 p.m. It was not very busy but had to wait several minutes to be seated. The number of food choices was quite large. The problem, nothing I had was hot, in fact warm would be a overstatement. Many of the items were quite dried out. I wonder how many of the people who rated this restaurant have ever experienced a really good buffet. It may be better during the evening or during a busier time of the day, however I will not return to find out.

• Visited October 2013