“good food, service, atmosphere”
Review of Mi Amigo's Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Mi Amigo's Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rexburg, Idaho
“good food, service, atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We always eat here at least once when we visit relatives in the Mesa area. We don't get good mexican food where we live and we love coming back and enjoying our favorites. My husband loves the relenos, I love the shredded beef changas, and we all love the chips and salsa. When we lived here this was our "go to" Mexican restaurant. And it still is when we return. The patio is nice in the spring and fall when the weather is mild. The prices are family friendly.

• Visited June 2012

Chandler, Arizona, United States
“Huge Disappointment”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

On this Wednesday evening, my girlfriend & I had decided to eat out for dinner. I quickly grabbed my

I phone & went right to my Trip Advisor App & searched the restaurants here in our area. We thought it would be fun to try something new. We had decided on Mexican, I searched the app & found a number of them her in the East Mesa area. I read that Mi Amigo’s had almost a 5 pt total rating marks, id say it is about 4.5 Also I noticed that it is rated #35 out of 292 restruants in Mesa, Az. After a short discussion and deciding that this sounded like a promising new adventure, we set out for a nice dinner.

Let me first say that I almost never have ALL negative things to say about a restaurant, there is ALWAYS an explanation or an exception for poor service or food.
Tonight was a first. The food was terrible!!!! It didn’t even taste bad!!! It was so bland that it didn’t have any taste. The salsa that came with the chips at the beginning o the meal must have come out of a can, very watery & BLAH. I ordered the Baja Chicken Burrito, and my gf got the Carne Assada.
The carne was very tough & had no flavor; the Baja Burrito was so bland, that all I tasted was the tortilla that the filling was rolled in. There was very little chicken, mostly mushrooms & spinach. Beans & ice, BORING!!!! The best part of the meal was the two Diet Cokes that we ordered.

I am sorry Mi Amigos, but I feel it is a service to let you know that your menu needs some work. Maybe this was one of those “off nights” that just happen. Unfortunately, we will not be back to see if it’s any better, there just way to many good places to spend money in these days.

The service was adequate, the price…..the bill was $29 & change, WAY to expensive for poor quality food.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank John K
illinois
“Nice setting and good food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Second time visiting there and had good experiences both times. Many good choices on the menu and all appetites. Ya sangria was great too!

Visited January 2013
Roundup, MT
“Good Food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Went here for dinner one night, the food was very good and the prices about average. Nice little place, good service.

Visited January 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Not bad for a quickie eatery”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

It's been a season since we popped in here and the menu has changed a bit and decor is different. Funny what a few months can do to a place. I loved the new plates, elongated, square and hip. But let's forget about the place settings and concentrate on the food. I always love the green corn tamales here with green sauce, a bit dry this time and not quite the sweet flavor I'm used to. I kind of wish I had tried the chili relleno since so many people raved about it and it's also one of my favorites, another time I guess. I also chose a side Tostada, the chips were great, the salsa good and hubby had the chimi with rice and beans which was chicken and tasty. For 2 at about 2:00 spent $21. We will return because the service was great, and quick and I want to munch on some of the other recommendations.

• Visited December 2012