“They have changed for the worse”
Review of Mi Amigo's Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Mi Amigo's Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I used to go here all the time and the last couple visits have been less than stellar. They changed their menu and the plates they serve them on are white squares....not like what would be in a Mexican restaurant. The chips and salsa are great, but other than that, they aren't that good anymore, sadly. Their shredded chicken is looks and tastes different. Their margaritas are all watered down. I don't think we will be back :(

1  Thank mom2one1973

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Been here many times now. As Forrest Gump once said "You never know what you're going to get ". Some days it's very good indeed, other times it's "why did we bother coming here ?" I've celebrated a couple of birthdays here and the staff do the old "Happy Birthday" song which is nice, but on a run-of-the-mill weekday visit, it's nothing special and indifferent might be too kind a word to describe the food. I will say the staff are reasonably attentive, we're always greeted nicely and they seem to hire wait staff with personality. However the staff do seem to be in an awful hurry to leave the dining room to get back to their interrupted conversation with the cooks and other wait staff. I can't help feeling that the two of us are regarded as unimportant in the scheme of things; that they can serve whatever standard of food they wish, as we'll be gone in 30 minutes anyway. And it's overpriced for what you get. Not great value. What is it with restaurants these days that always ask the roundabout question "Did you leave room for dessert/pie" ? If I wanted dessert, I'd order it. It's one of those open ended questions worded in such a way as to have no correct answer. "Yes I left room for pie" or "No I ate like a pig and I'm stuffed full". It's just average.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We were unable to eat dinner until late one night (9:45pm). The restaurant was getting ready to close, but our waiter, Chris, was very welcoming and seated us. He and the staff NEVER made us feel we were holding them up and never once did we feel rushed. We were treated so kindly. Chris had a permanent smile from start to finish and our drinks never dried up. We will visit Mi Amigos again. Thank you!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

What do I mean by my title? It felt like there were two options on the menu and that was it. I have been to mexican places that had pages and pages to choose from. This menu had for and one was for lunch specials. I decided upon the "Numero Tres." A cheese enchilada, rice and beans and two tacos. I really enjoyed the hard shell tacos and they is probably what I would get if I ever go back. The enchilada had more of a zest that I am used to, but there were no options to add chicken...bummer. Prices seemed expensive to me but Mesa is starting to make me think it is everywhere.

Nice atmosphere, nice people, nice restaurant. Maybe worth checking out...but you may also find a better option

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We always eat here at least once when we visit relatives in the Mesa area. We don't get good mexican food where we live and we love coming back and enjoying our favorites. My husband loves the relenos, I love the shredded beef changas, and we all love the chips and salsa. When we lived here this was our "go to" Mexican restaurant. And it still is when we return. The patio is nice in the spring and fall when the weather is mild. The prices are family friendly.