“A Pleasant Surprise”

Cozy Corner Cafe
Ranked #26 of 973 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were a party of 5, waiting on the 6th, and the servers could not have been more helpful. This little restaurant is aptly named, "cozy," because the tables and you are all tucked in there. I felt a little squished. Because we were seated right at the door I had the "in-and-out-in-and-out syndrome"--where you just want to tell your kids to either come in and stay in or go out and stay out. The menu had a nice selection of sandwiches, salads, breakfast items, and meals with all the fixins. My friends and I probably hit all the categories and there were no complaints. My friend loved her burger. I asked her why. She said the meat was good and so was the bun. Nothing fancy, just good. I had the pecan pancakes and thought there was no way they could compare to a chain restaurant with awesome pecan pancakes, but I was wrong. And, I could not finish the short stack. Generous portions. The salad lovers in our group enjoyed their choices as well. Home cooking done right!

1  Thank kmesaaz

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We go to this restaurant one or two times a week. Always great service, lots of food and this spot has the best servers in Mesa. They have sandwiches, salads, meals and will mix and match what ever you request.
So if you are looking for a outstanding home cooked, fresh made meal stop in and check this gem out for yourself.

2  Thank jonkpocker480
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This locally owned neighborhood cafe located near 64th and McKellips in Mesa AZ is a wonderful place to go for breakfast. My wife and I were there on a vacation with six friends and had gone to "chain" breakfast eateries which were good but we decided to give this place a try as it was located one block from where we were staying. The service was speedy and attentive. The food was delicious. The prices were more than fair. The menu for lunch looked quite enticing as well. The Cozy Corner Cafe had the complete spectrum of breakfast offerings and as there were eight of us eating, all manner of dishes were sampled. Not one negative comment was heard from the group. The ladies especially liked the fact that one could order a two egg omelette . Sixteen "thumbs-up" for the Cozy Corner Cafe.

1  Thank CE Q
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were staying in this area for a couple of weeks and ate here three times, once for dinner and two lunches. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient. We didn't realize that they closed at 2pm during the week and four of us arrived 15 minutes before closing, hoping to have lunch. No problem, we were greeted cheerfully and given the same service as if we had arrived earlier. The Reuben sandwiches are really good, full of juicy smoked meat and trimmings, with a lovely marbled rye toasted, same served with crisp French fries. One of us had an 8 oz hamburger and he devoured every last crumb on his plate. Same for the turkey clubhouse and a beautiful looking house salad that was loaded with veggies.
We went back for Saturday prime rib dinner which was $13.00 or so, and it was good value, cooked to medium rare and the portions large.
Good place to go when you want to slide into a booth, cozy up and have some good home cooking.

1  Thank Robin C
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Met a friend for lunch here and I will say the name is fitting, employees are so nice, the food is fresh and amazing. If ur in the area this place is a must try. Will be back again when out this way.

1  Thank Belowme01