“A painless experience for a good soup and sandwich ”
Review of Cafe Zupas

Cafe Zupas
Ranked #185 of 1,022 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

So, have heard mixed reviews about this place, but gotta say, my experience was pleasant and pleasing. Ordered the Italian sandwich with the vegetable chowder soup and it was pretty tasty. To be honest, the mixed reviews weren't about the food, it was about the service. My service today was good, so maybe I caught them on an off day right? If I have any complaints at all, it would be the IPod, Wifi, charging station that sits in the middle of the joint. We live in such a fast paced world and when it comes to mealtime we should be enjoying the experience. Take the time and just enjoy your food, if I hadn't had to take pics for this review, I would have left my phone in the car.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We LOVE Cafe Zupas! There are many delicious salads, soups & sandwiches to choose from according to your taste. I especially love that I can get a salad, either whole or 1/2 that comes with a chunk of bread and a chocolate covered strawberry! The prices are very reasonable as well.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

It is my favorite lunch spot with my daughter-in-law when visiting here. The selection of soup and sandwiches is great and the food wonderful. Always busy, but service fairly quick. They just seem to do healthy and delicious perfect. Enjoy

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

This cafe may be a chain, but their food is fresh and delicious. I had a chicken salad and quinoa soup. It was tasty!!! I'll be back .

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Wow! Last time I will go there as they clearly do not need my business and there are plenty of valley restaurants that will not turn our business away. Our work group has eaten there often and enjoyed the food. 3 Times we have called in larger orders that we will pick up and been told they are "Full" and not taking any more orders, but we can go get in line if we want to order. I asked today if they really preferred I go there at lunch time, hold the line up by ordering 10 meals, rather that take the order over the phone. I was told yes, we are full for orders. There were no alternatives offered. I have called other locations and been told when they would be able to have an order ready if busy but never been turned away. When I went to the location there were 6 employees standing talking, so I can see why there were too busy to take my order. When the manager was called for me I was INSTRUCTED that in the future I needed to call in my orders 24 hours ahead or before 10:30, They cut off all orders at 10:30. The managers message to us was that they had such a large catering business that they were very busy and wouldn't take to go orders after 10:30 no matter what. When asked when that wasn't on the website and menus she was tolerant of the idea but dismissive. When asked for a corporate number she gave an info web address and there was no corporate contact or further escalation. She then informed us she was done helping us and with the flip of her hand turned away and walked off to stand and talk with the staff. When another employee was asked for her name, the manager heard and wanted to know why. My coworker said she had been rude, at which point the manager informed her she had not been very nice in quite a loud voice. It is clear they do not care or need our business. Then we had to wait quite a while before they would take our order. When it was finally ready, the manager sent the poor cashier to give me written instructions about when to call in an order because they are so busy with pharmaceutical reps catering. I assured her that she was very sweet, but they clearly didn't need or want our companies business and we would not use them again. There are PLENTY of other choices in the area. I have never had Paradise Bakery or Wildflower turn me away so that is where we will go.

1  Thank marion w