“More than just BBQ”
Review of Chubby Hubby BBQ - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I tried this place out soon after it opened and can agree with other reviewers that in the beginning, the wait staff was sub-par. However, the food was delicious and made us want to come back and I am glad we did. Since then the wait staff has greatly improved and the food is still divine.

They have the normal selection of BBQ food and it is all quite good, especially the ribs. However, do not underestimate the other items on the menu. Their appetizers are quite amazing. The quesadilla is actually one of the best I have ever had and their artichoke dip is to die for. Now, every time I go, I normally just order the quesadilla with chicken. It is big enough for a one person meal and I am always happy.

Oh, and if you enjoy sports, this is the place for you. 3 HUGE screens and the stadium-like table seating makes for a great march-madness spot. Plus they have a separate area near the bar for billiards and other games.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I am a loyal (and local) Waldo's fan but Chubby Hubby is my new favorite place! We visited during the weekend of the competition in February and you could tell the staff was feeling the pinch. We got helped by other wait staff while our waitress was busy. My son and I shared the competition platter and everything was awesome! The brisket was THE BEST and we were fighting over the BBQ sauce. We did ask for more and she brought us 2! Service was slow and we thought it was because of the competition but have seen similar reviews, but we are absolutely going back - we can wait for food this good.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

This place looks really nice from the outside. We expected it to be a little more refined but didn't mind the casual atmosphere either. The food was somewhat disappointing, the brisket was fantastic, ribs were nearly inedible, turkey dry, fries were cold and seemed like the kind my mom served out of the freezer when I was a kid. The service was just ok, the servers were uncomfortable and poorly trained but very polite. The worst feature was that we were able to see into the kitchen, which is open to view from most of the establishment, and it was extremely disturbing. We could see the staff eating, drinking and playing with their phones while we waited for our meals. I realize that it's new and trendy to have the kitchen be visible from the dining room but it means taking special care and Chubby Hubby's doesn't seem to have the business saavy to understand that there are some things we just don't need to know about. The night we were there the bar area was full of extremely intoxicated patrons nearly losing consciousness in their mugs and a band with a terrible sound system began to play shortly before we left.

We may go back at some point as the brisket really was very, very good. I think we'll likely wait until they learn to run a more professional establishment and can serve other dishes successfully. For right now, Chubby Hubby's would be strictly a "To Go" stop for me.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

After searching for a restaurant without an hour wait on a Saturday night, my family and I found The Chubby Hubby BBQ. Our server was obviously new to her position. We waited quite a bit of time to even receive water. She did not clarify my father-in-law's options for his prime rib, and he ended up with a much larger piece of meat (and much more expensive) than he wanted. I ordered the BBQ chicken and was quite disappointed with the lackluster flavor and sides that came with it.
On the plus side, there were multiple large screen televisions in both the bar and restaurant area for sports viewing. There was also a small pool table near the bathrooms, which are located in the bar.
Due to the overall lack of value, we will choose another restaurant the next time.

2  Thank englishteacher_11
Reviewed 22 January 2013

WOW ... I may have had good BBQ before, now I've had great!!! Sorry I don't think like a tourist and judge a places food by the amount of people in the restaurant. I had the competition platter too. The brisket was WITHOUT A DOUBT, HANDS DOWN the BEST I'VE EVER HAD!!! It will literally melt in your mouth. I've been back a few times just for the brisket sandwich. The pulled pork and pulled chicken were both super moist!!! The ribs were OK that night. My wife and I also had the petite sirloin special, and Holy Cow (no pun intended) it was PERFECT. Cooked exactly how we asked, rested and so juicy.

2  Thank B C