“Nice Venue for a Concert”
Review of Mesa Amphitheatre

Mesa Amphitheatre
Ranked #36 of 62 things to do in Mesa
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice Venue for a Concert”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I flew from California to Phoenix to see Ed Sheeran in concert on February 13. Originally, the concert was scheduled for The Marquee, but the venue was changed two months prior to the concert to accommodate more fans. My initial thought was, "A concert outdoors in the middle of February? I hope it isn't freezing and I hope it doesn't rain." I was also disappointed because the venue change meant 4,000 more people instead of 1,000. The concert was sold out.

I have to say it is a beautiful venue. Doors opened at 5:00 and I was in line at 5:30. It took an hour to get into the theater. The concert started promptly at 6:30. When I got into the theater, the open area in front of the stage was about 3/4 full, the tiered steps were mostly full and the outside lawn area was still sparsely populated with people. I managed to find a spot dead center on the very top tier. The distance was a little far from the stage, but the sound was amazing. By the time the concert was in full swing, the theater was packed.

Sitting where I was, there was some smoking, but the cool air and light breeze quickly blew it away each time someone lit up. The concrete was a little more than cool on my behind. I only sat for the opening acts (about an hour). Even though it was a warm day, the temperature dropped down to the 50s by the time the concert was over. I was prepared and had dressed in layers - 5 in all. I did not move once I found my spot so I cannot say how the rest of the theater was. From my point of view, I was able to take in 180 degrees of the theater. I bet it's beautiful in the spring and fall.