“Good BBQ and service, Free soft serve”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #259 of 994 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Restaurant is at end cap of strip mall. This is a family oriented venue and many kids were
with their parents. Service is order at counter, p/up at other end. Wife had the pulled pork plate with bbq bean & cole slaw. I had "westerner" sandwich (2 meat) with cheese sausage & sliced brisket. Brisket was good and tender, sausage was fair. Hot, sweet , and "Dickey's" bbq sauce as well as jalapenos and pepperocini are self service, as are sweet tea, tea and other beverages. Decor is faux farm house with vintage midwestern signs. There is booth and table seating. There is free vanilla soft serve ice cream for dessert.
Atmosphere is casual. and service was prompt & friendly;we would return.

1  Thank slaterock1704

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

The meat has been no where near a BBQ or smoke fire. Good brisket, ribs, pulled pork, Deli turkey.
Great fried okra, fried onion.
Potato casserole and Caesar salad we're only okay.
$16 with 2 drinks and 1 half off coupon.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We ate lunch here midweek. Our first impression was "where's all of the help"? There was only one server trying to help all if those in line which was getting quite long at the noon hour. This server was doing the best job he could under the circumstances. Needless to say the getting our food was a little slow. We both had the beef brisket Big Sandwich. The brisket was good but not outstanding. Prices were competitive with other BBQ places in the neighborhood. The restaurant was clean and picked up. We would return but only after we've tried other BBQ places on our list in this part of the Valley.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

**NOTE TO TRIPADVISOR - The name is "Dickey's Barbecue Pit" ***

We picked up an order here at just before 3pm on Saturday, 2 March.

I ordered the Rib Plate with 2 sides and biscuit, $12. The ribs were very delicious. Mostly meat with a little fat and a decent portion. I think I had about a half dozen 4-5" ribs. The waffle fries were great and the baked potato casserole was excellent. Unexpectedly, the biscuit has a unique taste and very good.

My wife ordered the Saturday special; Beef Brisket Sandwich, 2 sides and a large drink for $7.99. The sandwich was a tad spicy because of the spicy rub which was mixed in the sandwich. I do not like spicy food at all. My wife loved it though and she doesn’t care much for BBQ.

The fried Okra was great; green beans okay. I would have chosen Fried Okra instead of waffle fries had I known they were so good. They have a thin, light and very crispy shell!

We ordered 1 lb of Beef Brisket ($11.50) to go and it was superb.

We had a Groupon which made it an awesome deal. They often run coupon deals through other venues as well.