“Not what I expected..”

Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
San Giovanni Teatino, Italy
“Not what I expected..”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here March 3 Checked out March 4. I wasn't Impressed AT ALL. I work for a Choice Hotel and i guess maybe i expected a little to much. The Front desk Clerk checked me in didnt talk much. Just gave me my keys and told me where my Room was. I Could of sworn there was some amenities with the hotel. How bout Info on pool? If they have one, Breakfast? Do they have a Business center? Workout room? I just stayed in my room and just wasn't sure what this hotel had to offer. I called the front desk around Midnight because i needed to extend My Apartment was getting some work done and wasn't gonna be done till Wednesday possible thursday. The lady was rude and did not know what i was talking about told me she has nothing to do with my reservation She didn't listen to what i said, She assumed i booked with expedia Or something. i TOld her my manager sent me another link so i was gonna make another reservation just to give her a heads up and all she told me was sorry we cant give you another reservation for that rate. Not explaining why they couldn't. So the next day i called the front desk because at 9 AM House keeping knocked on my door LOUD. I have a newborn baby so that Really upset me because she woke him up when i finally got to the door she stood in the hall and didn't say anything. So i called the front desk to ask for a later check out I did arrive really late around 11 At night and all they said all they could give me a 12 Pm late check out, As i'm Getting ready to take my stuff to the car the house keeper is just camped outside the door, Just seemed like they were tryna rush me out. When i checked out i couldn't even tell the clerk about anything cause she was on her personal Cell phone the Morning of March 4. I searched for rooms all day of the 3rd. and Wasn't impressed with any rooms besides this place. The room was Nice everything was Nice but i feel that the employee's Need alot more training. I would recommend this hotel, And actually plan to be back again one day just hope by then the Employee aren't as rude as before and I'm able to get my Moneys Worth of the stay and get Poor service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marianne b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed at the Quality Inn for 5 nights while visiting friends in Mesa. Only about 10 minutes from the airport (once you get on the right road) and directly across the road from Superstition Springs mall. Room was adequate and met our needs very well. Included continental breakfast was OK but more variety would have been appreciated. Hotel wifi was spotty, sometimes getting full bars and other times unable to login at all. Overall this hotel suited our needs and would likely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed here in on Feb 9th and 10th with my cousin and my sister while visiting my dad who is wintering in the area for the first time. The room was relatively clean and updated; however, it was small. The beds were also comfortable and they were sure to provide plenty of fresh towels each day. While I hate to pick about small things, the ceiling light fixture in the bathroom had no cover and there was grout on the floor that hadn't been cleaned up properly so it was dried and looked dirty. There was also a small amount of mildew in the shower. The air conditioning unit also did not seem to be working properly as the room was always a bit warm, especially for sleeping.
Overall, the part I was most disappointed in was the breakfast. A hot breakfast was included with the room and should have been a great value--this was a selling point for us when choosing hotels before we arrived. We were downstairs for breakfast each morning by 7am. While everything I ate tasted great, it was not well-stocked. While we were in the breakfast area, there weren't more than a few tables with other guests so it shouldn't have been difficult to keep up. The eggs were low and eaten up quickly by other guests when replenished (she should have made more at a time). There were few sausages left over when we came down for breakfast the first day so between the three of us we rationed them out. On the second day there weren't any (and no bacon or other meat). There was no bread on the first day to make toast. And the juice machine was acting up both days. The person working to replenish things had even outwardly showed her frustration with the machine on the first day (slightly unprofessional). It would have been nice had they worked harder to keep their breakfast fully stocked at all times. I would have given them a much better rating.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We booked a room here because of it's close proximity to the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (less than a 10 minute drive) for an early morning flight the next day. It is literally located in a mall parking lot, so shopping is just a few feet away. By the same account, it was a little difficult to locate this hotel in the dark. I will say the hotel was quiet, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable, although small. (Why do hotels still put full size beds in rooms that sleep four?) The room was small and there were no frills. The sink is located outside of the bathroom, which I like. But, the toilet/shower area was very snug, with a sliding pocket door, which I found somewhat annoying as it is noisy in the middle of the night when you have three other people sleeping in the room. Normally I only eat cereal or a pastry from the Breakfast Bar, but I found this one to be even more lackluster than most breakfast bars. There really aren't many hotels in close proximity to the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway airport, but I'm sure there are many that are more appealing than this one.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Zeist, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had stayed at this hotel about 4 years ago, when it was a Sleep Inn. Less money, expect less. Now it had been upgraded to a Quality Inn, and we were happy to be able to expect more. Well, it was less than it was 4 years ago. We were there for 2 nights, and the whole time there was no internet connection, which we did need. In the room when my husband went to plug in our computer he noticed that the microwave, which was plugged into the same outlet, had bare wire. Fortunately he saw this before he touched it. He took it down to the front desk, and they just took it and said, "Gee, how could that happen." Nothing about, thanks, or are you OK, and no new microwave. The breakfast was below par, and didn't have peanut butter nor cream cheese for the toast (I don't like sweet stuff on my toast). So, definitely not a recommendation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susie-cuer
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The rooms are clean, the staff friendly, beds are comfortable, room smells like cigarettes though, amenities advertised not here, phone in room didn't work. I would say they may have been having a bad few days.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Pejela42
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I am not used to 2 star motels, but it still gets 5. First, the staff are gentle, easy souls. The rooms are small but super well designed. For instance, the bathroom had a pocket door. It's very clean, recently updated. Refrigerator but no microwave. Breakfast: waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, juice, all the beads, Just a super-comfortable place to spend a couple days.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TripMember0518201613
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Best Western Superstition Springs Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mesa Superstition Springs
Best Western Plus Mesa
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix East Mesa
Baymont Inn & Suites Mesa Near Downtown

Been to Sleep Inn Mesa-Superstition Springs Center? Share your experiences!