“Most definitely average and a little bit sad”
Review of Souper Salad

Souper Salad
Ranked #146 of 937 Restaurants in Mesa
Phoenix, Arizona
“Most definitely average and a little bit sad”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I tried to like this place, It seems kinda lonely sitting there but there are definitely better choices around and unfortunately it offers nothing to encourage me to eat there ever again. Limited options, a cafeteria feel to it, grubby surfaces and knowing that a much better dining experience awaits at Sweet Tomatoes. This place needs a total makeover to attract new clientele and to retain loyal customers (although why you would eat here instead of Sweet Tomatoes is beyond me)

I really do try to patronise places and give them more than once chance to show what they can do, and keep the people employed but this place is tired and soul less. I drive past on my way to Costco nearby and my husband and I often say "We'll never go in there again .."

• Visited April 2014

Lakeland, Florida
“I am full!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Salad bar was fundamental with some junk. Several different lettuces made a good start. Soups were tasty and not over salted. Grab grandma and the kids for an inexpensive dinner out.

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Should be closed”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We went to Souper Salad on December 23 at 11:23. It was a terrible experience. First of all many of the dishes provided were very dirty. It was gross. The rest were dripping wet and cold. Nothing was provided to dry the clean ones so we had to find napkins to wipe them. The food seemed okay, but we were worried that we would get sick. Then we got to the soup area. The soup bowls were also dirty and wet. We tried to find a manager to complain, but none was around. We asked several workers for help and finally they found a manager. She said they were having a bad day, but not even an apology. If an inspector would have showed up, they would have been closed down.

• Visited December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I went for lunch, because we used to frequently patronize souper salad in Tempe, AZ. , and it was always great. We live in Mesa, so we decided to try the local restaurant. When we walked in, we were both shocked at the atmosphere. It was like a run down cafeteria. There is a front and back line to obtain what you want to eat, but the way the buffet is set up, you have to go to both sides of the buffet to reach your desired ingredients. Very inconvenient. When we sat down to eat a waitress was very cordial and introduced herself, but we never saw her again. As we finished our plates, she never picked them up. The spinach ingredients appeared a little wilted, the soups were not up to par, and the potatoes in the potato salad were not cooked enough. The food was edible, but totally lacked any flavor. Would not return and would not recommend this particular souper salad.

• Visited December 2013
Grand Haven, Michigan, USA
“Fresh salad bar”
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of salads available, and other food choices that make this more than just a soup and salad bar. Our plates were kept cleared so we could go back for more. The price is very reasonable, in fact, you can't eat at home for the same amount, making this place a great value for the money. Senior discount (over 60) saves $1.

• Visited June 2013