“Much More Than Just Great Bagels”

Kokopelli Bagel Cafe
Ranked #8 of 25 Bakeries in Mesa
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Reviewed 20 January 2016

I feel really fortunate to have this mom and pop bagel shop so close to where I live. I have been here dozens of times over the years. Here are some of the things I (we) love:

1: Fresh, chewy bagels that come in lots of different flavors. More than 20 different flavors! My favorites include the sesame seed, the garlic, the jalapeno, the cinnamon crunch and the cheddar. Obviously, the earlier in the day you arrive the larger the selection available.

2. Baker's dozen special (or 1/2 dozen special also available) : buy 12 and get one for free. (or 6 and get one for free.) With or without a pint or two of cream cheese included.

3.) The day old bagels are still plenty fresh and a great deal!

4.) In-house made delicious cream cheese blends to accompany your bagel. My favorites are the veggie and the jalapeno blends. For the calorie conscious, they carry a light version of the veggie cream cheese.

5.) Grab and take to go items available at the counter: Fresh squeezed OJ, fresh salads, etc I especially like their cobb salad.

6.) Fruit smoothies and frozen coffee creations.

7.) Creative breakfast and lunch sandwiches. Always so fresh! My favorite for breakfast is the Sunrise with Meat. My guy orders the Spirited Kokobelli every time he comes with me. For lunch I like their Cashew Chicken Salad as well as their Turkey Raspberry on sourdough. The lunch sandwiches come with a choice of a side and a small dessert. The home made potato salad is one side option available. I highly recommend it.

8.) A selection of homemade pastries. The brownies are so chocolatey and moist. Really awesome. A few years ago, i special ordered some scones (white chocolate raspberry maybe?) that were out of this world. Not sure if their scones can still be special ordered. I haven't seen them here in a long time.

9.) Self serve coffee, creamer, and sweetener. Although i consider myself a coffee snob, theirs is pretty decent.

I would not hesitate to recommend this shop for fresh, delicious, good value for the money food. The counter service is always friendly. "To order" food is always brought to your table with a minimum amount of waiting. The cafe is only open til 2pm daily.

1  Thank kipepeo

Reviewed 7 November 2015

As a devotee to Einstein Bagels I am sad to say that from now on Kokobelli has replaced them as my number one source of bagels with lox and cream cheese. We had stopped in to Kokobelli on the side of Power Rd in Mesa to save a bit of driving on a busy Saturday, not knowing the quality of food offered. We were quite pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness and hospitality provided. The lox and cream cheese bagel surpassed my expectations, was reasonably priced and (better yet)was served with giant tasty chives. This small mom and pop place will be revisited the very next time we are in Mesa, for sure......

1  Thank Ammochief
Reviewed 22 April 2015

The Bagels here are chewy and dense just like REAL bagels should be. The flavors are plentiful and their day old bagels are a GREAT deal! They always have good coffee.
Never go here for anything except a toasted EVERYTHING bagel with cream cheese. I grew up on the EAST coast so I know a good bagel when I taste it!

1  Thank TravelBug13283
Reviewed 21 April 2015

Love the bagel and lox sandwich. Ingredients are fresh, service pleasant. Room for improvement to keep the eating area more tidy and clean

1  Thank judelia_12
Reviewed 21 April 2015

These bagels are so good. Never thought I'd find New York delicious, fresh chewy bagels in the Southwest, but here they are.the restaurant serves lots of breakfast sandwiches, coffe drinks, etc., and they all look good...I just can't resist the bagels!

1  Thank Trina R