“Great new restaurant in Mesa”
Review of Pacino's

Pacino's
Ranked #149 of 937 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Arizona
“Great new restaurant in Mesa”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The food here is excellent and the staff very friendly. The service was wonderful and they have live music many nights of the week. I would highly recommend Pacinos.

Mesa
“Our first time!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our friends had been there before and one of them had been very disappointed with the Chicken Alfredo; very scant amount of chicken! Between the 4 of us we had 2 Spaghetti w/ meat balls and 2 Lasagna and everyone was happy. We also had house salads; excellent. As others have stated; no parmesan or salt and pepper on the tables!

Alberta
“Off Night? Perhaps....”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Went to Pacino's based on the reviews. It was a busy Sat. evening of a long week-end. Our waitress was very prompt when we arrived offering water and asking to order wine. She had to come back and tell us the had just sold the last bottle of the one we wanted and then ended up bringing us the incorrect one that we chose as our second pick. The beet salad was bout 2 cups of arugula piled on a plate surrounded by 5 yellow beets cubes and 4 purple beet cubes. Very disappointing with the cost of it! When our meals came out we had several errors amongst our table. The most serious was that one person ordered gluten free pasta and when the dish arrived there was spaghetti noodles mixed in with the penne which you know means that the pasta had been boiled in the same water as the pasta with gluten. That is cross contamination and needs to be looked into and changed. No offer of pepper or Parmesan cheese on any of the meals and when we asked for the pepper the server brought a pepper shaker to the table. teaspoons were given with the spaghetti dishes and when they asked for larger spoons the server brought out serving spoons. All in all the meals were very ordinary and the service deteriorated as the evening went along. A very expensive evening for not a lot of rave reviews and many, many mistakes during the meal. Don't think we will return with the abundance of other fine restaurants in the area.

1 Thank Mamlew
Dublin, Ireland
“True Italian in the desert!!! Mesa :)”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Well....where do I start?

For one, it was MY first time in America, and I was visiting my father (who is Irish, as I am too) & stepmom. They live in Mesa.
Apart from being a well recommended restaurant, I had proposed to my wife in a restaurant in Dublin, Ireland 2 years previous called Pacino's.
As we were in America for our 1st years wedding anniversary, we thought it'd be very nice to dine and celebrate in Pacino's, Mesa, Arizona!

Frank the owner got word of our celebration and immediately came over to our table. My dad and whole extended family were with myself and my wife.

He introduced himself and congratulated us. Frank is such a nice man, so friendly.

The food was to die for. I couldn't recommend it enough.

The service was impeccable too. Our waitress was attentive and not over bearing either.

The menu is perfect and extensive, not to mention the wine list (my favourite :) ).

I look forward to eating there again with my wife and family....sooner rather than later!

Thanks a million Frank!!!

Regards,

Tony.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tonygrancan
Mesa, Arizona
“Better than Average, but not yet Very Good”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We waited months before trying this new restaurant. It may be better than this review, but we only had apps. and wine. The margarita pizza was good, but something was missing. Yes, the lack of salt, pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper that should have been offered, but was missing from every table in the house. The PEI mussels were good, but lacked any real bite, not enough garlic and red pepper in the "spicy" tomato sauce. My wife's salmon was very good and nicely dressed with a small salad. The garlic french fries were also good. Excellent bread and 4 olives were brought to every table.

The wines by the glass were somewhat disappointing and slightly overpriced. We will try again before passing final judgement.

• Visited October 2013