“Great Ribs, Uinque Decor”
Review of Waldo's BBQ

Waldo's BBQ
Ranked #9 of 967 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$4 - US$65
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Best Local Barbecue in the State of Arizona. Smoked meats that make your mouth water; side dishes that are never ending; and a friendly staff to boot! Come on down to taste it for yourself!
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Had the ribs. Great! Shared the large, 12, could have probably shared the small, 6, with all the sides. Unique, fun, "down home" atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have eaten here 3 times and everything was very good. The peach cobbler is to die for. The cornbread is also very good.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Food & atmosphere are unique. One of the better places in Mesa. I was spoiled with a place in the Midwest & I still have not found what I like here. Too much of a Western Texas influence here in Mesa for my taste.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Used to be a fave, but after 2 disappointing visits, I doubt we will return. Restaurant was uncomfortably chilly. Many patrons went to their cars to get jackets. Upon taking our order, the server told us they were out of baby back ribs and another kind of ribs. People!This is a rib joint!! Server told us if we wanted to leave, she would not charge us for our beverages. She never suggested alternative dinners. Frankly, I think she wanted us to leave. Very disappointed, we decided upon other choices only to be told they were out of our favorite horsey potatoes.! We waited about 25 minutes for our dinners. They are supposed to serve us complimentary warm cornbread with our drinks but we never got any. As she was giving us our dinners, I asked for the cornbread,which we now had to eat with our meals. I asked for a double order of endless sweet potato fries, so that I wouldn't get the second order after I finished the meal. I never got them at all. The server was quite abrupt with us and she was the only server in the entire restaurant and it was very busy. My companion's brisket was tough and thickly cut when it should have been fork tender. She left most of it. When a young busser-type person came to clear the table, she never asked my friend if anything was wrong with the brisket. She didn't even ask if she wanted it wrapped. to take home. My catfish was lukewarm. The $2 bloody mary's had to reordered because she never brought them. My companions were so disappointed, they left measley tips. I was embarrassed that I had recommended Waldo's to them.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We've now eaten at Waldo's twice during our recent stay and these folks hit it out of the park! I had the brisket and my wife one of the pork sandwiches and both were great. Fresh bun and just the right amount of meat. Two sandwiches, a drink, and cole slaw for $9 (yes, that's nine dollars!!!). We need a few of these places back home!