“Breakfast Lounge”

Ranked #57 of 941 Restaurants in Mesa
Staten Island
“Breakfast Lounge”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Bloody Mary with filet mignon steak n eggs special: excellent! Varied menu with special fruit n vegetable drinks without being pushy health food place. Have Mimosa, Paloma, Margarita, and Sangria, as well, which are well prepared & presented. It's a bright cheery place with friendly and attentive staff. Very reasonable prices. Best breakfast in Mesa? Might be!

Visited February 2014

Regina, SK, Canada
“Great place for brunch”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Armed with a $10 off gift certificate purchased from restaurants.com for a dollar, my friend and I headed for Sunnyside. We were definitely not disappointed. The menu, while small in physical size, holds a world of choices in very small print, (so, if you have a problem with that, be sure to bring your reading glasses).

We both chose eggs benedict, one plain with Canadian bacon, (back bacon to a Canadian), and one Philly cheese steak. Both were excellent, with just the right amount of hollandaise sauce. You can also get fresh fruit or cottage cheese instead of the potatoes, and we were both very happy choosing them. The server was very knowledgeable and made sure we knew exactly what was on offer. If this restaurant was in Canada, I would compare it to Coras. The only off note was the bread pudding, which we shared. The flavour was vanilla, and it was just simply too sweet.

But, overall, it was an excellent brunch, and we will go again, even without the gift certificate.

• Visited February 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Act Is Still Not Together”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Crowded on sunday morning, service was slow and the meal fell apart for us. I was encouraged when the waitress asked how we wanted our poached eggs done on our Benedicts. Wife ordered medium and I asked for soft. Both came out almost hard boiled. The American fries were cold and almost like boiled potatoes, not fried at all. When we mentioned this to the waitress she said she would tell the kitchen and took my coffee cut to refill it. She never came back. The manager came over and apologized for the meal and discounted it 50%. Nice move, but I don't think we'll be back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank luvglass
Willowbrook, Illinois
“Nice Breakfast”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Had the nicest server on a Monday morning for breakfast. Nice, varied menu. Different items than I find in the Chicago area. Food was fresh and hot. They kept the coffee coming and didn't rush us. Would go again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank EFTR
Phoenix, Arizona
“Opening Jitters are Gone, Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Sunnyside Breakfast Lounge has clearly gotten past the opening jitters and have stepped up their game.

I stopped in for lunch today and was quickly greeted by Elena. She offered booth or table, then asked about drinks. Good start!

After my iced tea arrived, I ordered the Red Mountain Burger, which came with some nicely seasoned fries. The burger was a bit over cooked but still very juicy, served on a pretzel bun. I scarfed it all down.

Elena checked in on me just the right amount to assure all was well, without being pushy. Executive Chef Garfio also checked with the tables, which was a great touch.

Definitely return visits coming up!

• Visited October 2013