“Great place for healthy eats”

The Cutting Board Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #44 of 941 Restaurants in Mesa
Description: Vegan, Vegetarian, Whole Food and healthy! Our menu features unique, seasonal specials and is based on a whole food, plant-based diet. We offer many gluten-free options.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great place for healthy eats”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and I have been to this little gem in the East valley several times and can't recommend it enough. There are not too many places you can find that have your health in mind when developing their menu and even fewer that do it for every item they serve. Well, here is a place just newly opened that does just that.

Sean and Krystal are the owners of this healthy eats café who have spent several years developing their menu that caters to vegetarian and vegan diets. Although their menu does not have any "meat" products, you will not miss it and their "nutty" meat substitute is a delicious alternative. Their foods are organic and locally sourced, their coffee is locally roasted, and their dream is to share their food, vision and passion with you.

Their café is a bright, clean, and colorful place to enjoy a meal, sip on a latte, rejuvenate with a fresh juice, or indulge in a delicious, freshly baked goods. Sean and Krystal are always around for a good chat on the foods they serve, how they came up with their menu, and how environmentally friendly their café is. They want to share their vision with you and hope to change your life. They have set up their place as a pick up location for Sunizona family farms, for those who are interested in having fresh organic fruits and vegetables delivered weekly. They are working with a local composter who will pick up the cafe's organic waste and recycle it back into the environment. They even host educational events to help familiarize their customers with choosing a healthy lifestyle. This all can be summarized simply with their mantra; Learn. Eat. Live.

You can check out their website at http://cuttingboardcafe.com. Here you can read about their café, find a link to their menu, and a list of upcoming events. Their food is delicious and I personally would like to make my way through each item they have on it. I never thought I would ever use the words healthy and delicious in the same sentence but this café does just that. They did a great job creating and spent many years perfecting their recipes to make each dish tasty, but more importantly good for you.

Their hours are T-Su from 7a-3p and they are closed on Mondays. During breakfast you can enjoy breakfast burritos, sweet potato hash, fresh baked cupcakes, and fresh fruit. They have a large selection of smoothies and coffees or teas.

For lunch you got to try the bb (black bean) burger and tacos duo (one of my favorites) or their totally vegan mac and cheese. They also offer a vedg-head sandwich and cabbage wrap, that looked delectable and something I'll have to try next time. The hummus trio was one of our favorites and be sure to check our their daily soup du jour!

After visiting this place you can't help but become caught up in the wave of changing your diet for the better. My wife and I will be signing up for the weekly Sunizona farmbox and we are looking forward to eating our way to a healthier life. So do yourself a favor and get down here to give them a try and make some new friends with the owners. You will love it!

• Visited September 2013