“What a gem!”

Ranked #202 of 924 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spooner, Wisconsin
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was visiting my aunt and uncle and they found this place to cater to my celiac disease. What a gem, the gluten free menu is outstanding! We went for breakfast and the food was delicious and it was hard to choose what to eat! They even had a case filled with gluten free desserts. I had two that I took to go and they were delicious the next day. The owners and employees were all so nice and because of the smallness the other diners shared in their excitement of having this place. It was cute. We planned on going back for dinner but never made it but I am glad to know of this haunt the next time I go down to visit! Lucky residents of mesa!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank A K

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Tomato basil soup "to die for"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stopped by for lunch...tiny spot in the corner of a strip mall. Gluten free menu and wonderful looking dairy laden but gluten free desserts. The tomato basil soup probably the best my husband and I have every eaten in a restaurant. Thick and wonderfully flavored. Served with gluten free crackers. His chicken wrap was very tasty also. Too full for dessert but they looked awesome. Bought an extra pint of soup to bring home....a rare event indeed.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Sunny405
Vandalia, Illinois
“Here's to Your Health and Your Palate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

What a jewel in the corner of a strip mall. Don't let that discourage you. The ambiance inside will make up for the location, and the owners and employees are warm and accommodating. We went for a late breakfast but ended up having a delicious lunch of the signature soup, Tomato Basil. I actually ordered the Split Pea, but it wasn't ready. They substituted with the other, and it was the best I've had. Many tomato soups are too creamy and salty and lack the fresh tomato and basil taste. This nailed the description hands over. They were kind enough to send me home with a bowl of the Split Pea, which I am anxious to dig into. We also ordered the hummus plate drizzled with olive oil and served with pita bread that was thin and toasted just right. Again, the hummus was some of the best I have tasted. My husband also ordered the pork wrap dressed in a gyros/type cucumber dill sauce and accompanied with a fresh green salad and tasty balsamic vinegarette dressing. He was blown away. It should be noted that everything is made fresh, and some items are gluten free. You can go to their web site, www.cafe8az.com and check out the menu and the hours. I do know that they are closed on Sundays.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank Sue H
Phoenix, Arizona
“Personalized service and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a Mediterranean/Greek style restaurant that caters to gluten free diners. There are meals that are not gluten free, but I don't partake. My girlfriend and I had the Mediterranean sample platter for an appetizer and we took half of it home. We shared our entree with each other. A gluten free pizza and linguini with portabello mushroom sauce. We even brought some of that home too. We met the owner and talked with him for a while. He likes to make the rounds and get the customer's input.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jim D
“Unexpected Excellence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I recently went to Cafe 8 with my partner because we were looking for something close by. I went to Yelp and found this place called Cafe 8. We like trying new places.
I have been to this location before bug it was a coffee shop that went under. As we walked in the place was small and cozy and we were greeted right away. They sat us down like a restaurant. It didn't appear at first to be that kind of place. We went along with it. Unexpectedly we were treated with such dignity, respect and great customer service than most restaurants. The entire staff paid attention to fine details and it caught me and my partner off guard. There are some restaurants than can learn how to treat a customer from this place. A definite must experience and we will be repeat customers. Great job Cafe 8 staff! : )

3 Thank Travelrich911