“Good food, reasonable price ”
Review of Red Mountain Cafe

Red Mountain Cafe
Ranked #145 of 1,023 Restaurants in Mesa
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We went on Friday not knowing that they had a fish fry. The place was packed when we got there so we waited a bit. When we were seated and served the food was very good. However the waitress we had was not very good she was very forgetful did not bring stuff and that was the worst part of the experience. However again the food was excellent. We would return.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We were looking for good sea food. Red Mountain has "all you can eat" on Wednesday and Friday. Original serving is large and the fried Cod was really good.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Friday night...all you can eat Fish and Chips. I had fried. My wife had baked. We also had Clam Chowder. I'll just say everything was delicious. Fish was light and flakey. My fried version was not greasy at all. They were BUSY!! Highly recommend this establishment. Great friendly staff.
Reasonable prices too.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

The Red Mountain Cafe is a Midwesterner's dream---simple food, big portions, and pie, lots of pie. We had a BLT, the Hawaiian Ham plate, and a slice of coconut cream pie. All of it was okay, nothing special. The ham and bacon were good, nicely smoky, but the sides---slaw and cooked veggies weren't very tasty.
The cinnamon rolls in the case were as big as my head, no joke. Whole pies go for $21 but come early, the fruit pies sell out fast.
Not much ambiance to speak of. It's a diner, after all. I did see some sports stuff up on a wall.
Service is quick and efficient. Our server Olly took good care of us.
Prices are low for the huge portions.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We were on the hunt for a Friday Night Fish Fry and decided to check out the Red Mountain Café. First time visit will also be a last time visit. We ordered the cod all you can eat special and we did get a lot of food. Husband had the clam chowder which was rich and good. I had the cole slaw and it was good. Then came the fish and fries. Cod was breaded with a seasoned breading which would have been better on chicken. We thought the fish was on the dry side. French fries were definitely out of a frozen food bag and not hot at all. People around us were ordering the homemade pie so we decided to try the pie also. I got lemon meringue which I enjoyed. Husband ordered strawberry rhubarb which he did not enjoy. The filling was an odd consistency, hard to explain, on the dry side. Lots of rhubarb in it. The topping was a poor excuse for a crumb topping pie. He did not finish it. The restaurant seems to draw the senior crowd (so we fit right in) and some seem to be regulars. Just not impressed by this place even though the prices were right.