“The worst snitzel ever!!!!!!”

Bavarian Point Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 994 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2013

As a visitor from Canada and proud of my European heritage, this has to be by far the WORST snitzel that myself and my mom have ever had. I can only speak about the jäger snitzel which had veal swimming, no, drowning, in the supposed mushroom sauce - I say supposed because the sauce was like watered down soup complete with canned mushrooms on top (who makes jäger snitzel with canned mushrooms???). We were asked by both waitresses (who were the only staff working) how our dinner was - we replied 'horrible' and asked if the chef was German. We were told at first that he was and then one of the waitresses corrected her statement by saying "well he isn't but he was trained in German cuisine - or maybe it was Austrian?". We were brought our bill with no offer of a free dessert or anything - just a quick "sorry" for the horrible meal. Needless
to say we will not ever be returning!!!!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

When we arrived at 6pm for dinner, the restaurant was busy but not full. We were seated fairly quickly. Then ignored for 30 (yes thirty) minutes, no kidding here. We finally got bread and water from the single bus person in the entire place after about 10 minutes. I asked one of the waitresses for help, after she took an order from a table that came in well after us. She said she didn't know where our waitress was. It appeared there were only two, and the one who sat us was our waitress. The one who sat us was busy taking the order of a large table that also came in after us. So once again, we asked the "not our" waitress who was annoyed I was asking her again and still didn't even attempt to get us any service. The ONLY reason we waited as long as we did was my father wanted to take us to this place. So finally, at 6:30 we left and went to Zur Kate, another German restaurant in the same parking lot. Which was good all the way around, live accordion music was fun. Service with a smile instead of annoyance. The food was pretty good and the prices were much better as well. But hey - if you like water and bread (ok, the bread was good) then head on down to Bavarian point.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We loved the authentic German cuisine in warm European atmosphere. Food was plentiful, well-seasoned and substitutions were easy. Ample salad bar or soup is included. Featured soup was home-made.Pleasant service, if a tad under-staffed. Apple strudel with warm custard was delicious. An enjoyable evening overall. We will definitely return and also recommend to friends.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I've driven by this place for years and never bothered to try it out. This is one of our friend's favorite local restaurant and they have been to Germany before and claim it's the most authentic as well in the area. We went with our friends who are connoisseurs of German food. We were blown away by the superb service & delicious food. I ordered the Rindsroulade which was beef rolled up served with red cabbage & mashed potatoes. It was excellent and the sauce was rich adding depth to the dish. Husband ordered the Jagerschnitzel which was pork served in a mushroom sauce & spatzles - German dumplings. The spatzles were so good, the buttery sauce on them was excellent. We also got the salad bar which had a wide variety of items and was very good. For dessert we ordered a slice of Black Forest cake to share and it topped off our meal nicely. We recommend this place to anyone looking for great German food locally & look forward to returning ourselves!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Sunday night was our Anniversary & we wanted to go out for supper. Our favourite German Restaurant was closed, so we decided to try the Bavarian Point. All was good, as far as seating, greeting & getting our drinks & order. As we were eating our bread, a large beetle (cockrach?) started crawling up the salt shaker. My husband took his napkin & squished it & held it until we were able to get the waitress attention & gave it to her & explained what it was. She was appologetic. I wanted to leave, but my husband didn't want to make a scene & said we would wait to see how she handled the situation.

The salad bar was good, but the Jaegerschnitzel was not a Schnitzel, but a thin tasteless pork steak in a very thin mushroom gravy. The spatzel was ok, but lacked seasoning. The Weinerschnitzel was good, but the German fries were just french fries. The menu that is online is much more embelished & is not the same as in the one in the restaurant.

When the waitress brought the bill, we asked what she did about the bug - if she looked at it or showed it to anyone. She said "oh, no, I just threw the napkin in the laundry". We asked to speak to a manager. She said there wasn't one. So, we took her name & asked for the owners name & informed her that I would be contacting someone via internet, but their website has no means of contacting the owner or manager aside from by phone.

Needless to say, I will never go back to this restaurant, and intend to inform everyone of our experience.