“Best kept secret category”
Review of Pier de Orleans - CLOSED

Pier de Orleans
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tempe, Arizona
“Best kept secret category”
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I recently enjoyed my first meal at Pier DE Orleans restaurant in Mesa, heavy emphasis on the word "enjoyed". I have lived in Arizona for nearly 25 years, most of those years in Mesa. I have driven by this restaurant countless times and never gave it a second glance. I am not a seafood eater, nor am I a Cajun food eater. I assumed therefore, that there was no demand for me at the Pier DE Orleans. I was wrong. A friend of mine casually mentioned the "all you can eat rib special" to me recently. By the way, it is the "all you can eat ribs for $9.95 special." They also have one of the best fish fries in the valley, also $9.95. I don't eat seafood per say, but deep fried white fish is a different story. I went, along with my son, 1 daughter and her friend. My son, my daughter and I each ordered the all you can eat ribs, which actually turned out to be called "riblets" on the menu. I didn't ask any questions, thinking that "don't ask, don't tell" might be expanded to this place until after dinner. They were not a rack of ribs, they were the end of racks or random sections, all I know is that they were delicious. I am good sized, at 6"2"/ 215. I did not finish the first helping of riblets. I could have, but was full too early. The special comes with salad and baked potato. My daughter who is a pipsqueak, but a big eater didn't make the first plate either. My son, who is much bigger than me ate and ate and ate and ate. The menu is of course, Cajun and seafood, but several homestyle dinners are there as well, at prices under $10. I plan to make several return trips to get a better assessment, including the meatloaf, fish fry and several others. The service was very good. I went again on Sunday night, after church, with my friend, Don. I had already eaten. He had the shrimp dinner, jumbo shrimp, salad, baked potato, bread, etc. I had coffee. The service was excellent. If you have never been, you should definitely go and try it. Good atmosphere, good service, good food, good price. It is clean and quiet.

• Visited December 2012

Iowa
“Pretty good food, service OK, but erratic”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Pretty good food although with a little bit of herky jerkey service. Our second visit, and the food was good although our server seemed to have a bit of difficulty in getting our order correctly delivered to our table. OK option for seafood in the desert of Arizona. We like the escargot - guess there aren't a lot of places in Mesa for this option! Pretty safe choice - like a lot of places sometimes are better than others. I'll return.

• Visited November 2012
Mesa
“My favorite Seafood Place”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This is my all time favorite place to eat, You have to try the chief's Seafood Soup, it is the best I have ever had. I love it, & get it everytime I go there, I have taken so many family members & friends. & they keep coming back, I love the big tree in the center of the dining room. Try it,you won't be dissappointed,

Visited December 2011
Mesa, Arizona
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Fabulous food and service. Great menu options and great prices. Interesting decor at this hidden gem near downtown Mesa.

Visited July 2012
Mesa, Arizona
“Woprst ever”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The food was awful. It tasted like ,oops no taste, over cooked drap interior. Needs to be up dated. suprise it's still in business, perhaps people don't know what real seafood should taste like.