“Excellent fresh seafood & poor service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Seafood Market & Restaurant
Ranked #520 of 980 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We ate there almost once a week last winter. The fish was excellent so we tolerated the poor service and crabby manager. Once I made a reservation for four which was not honored because the manager said they only made reservations for six or more.

1  Thank Osh2011

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Seven of us went there for a birthday celebration. We'd heard lots of good things about this place, and maybe that contributed to our disappointment. First of all, it was hot in there, and the front door being propped open in the late afternoon didn't help. We asked to have the a/c turned up, and after 3 requests to have the door closed and the a/c increased, it was finally done. My bread plate had crumbs on it (not mine), and one of my forks was dirty. Yuk! The service was slow although the place was not busy. I had shrimp scampi, which was served like a soup--with a spoon yet! Buttery and garlicky, it was not, and the shrimp were tough and overdone as if they'd been microwaved in the bowl. One friend had crab louie. The "mixed greens" were 99 percent iceberg lettuce, and the crab was gray and looked and tasted like it was canned. Another person had scallops, which were raw inside. They added the tip to the bill--now I can see why. Not much good to say about this place.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

They always have the freshest fish. They also have a wonderful clam chowder bread bowl which is awesome. I Highly recommend it and it's my favorite sea food restaurant.

1  Thank JustGalee
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Great clam chowder, great fresh fish, perfectly grilled vegetables, what could be better! An excellent place for dinner.

1  Thank rky_mtn_biker
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Seems like the wharf should be right outside, the seafood is that fresh. I would like to linger in Mesa just to eat here a few more times. After all, I'd usually have to go to Gloucester for clam chowder this authentic; and then there's the issue of the many other interesting listings on the menu that are bound to have the yummy factor and pretty presentation I've experienced so far. I had a crusted tilapia that surprised me with crunchy bite and delightful fish. I remember that there are a couple of fish tacos that I want to try, as well as an additional long list. The wait staff is very professional and hospitable.

1  Thank SandraAlive