“Great pizza”

Barro's Pizza
Ranked #215 of 965 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The pizza here is the best I have found in the area. So good, it will make you cry a little!

However... my experience was HORRIBLE. I waited over an hour for 1 pizza for my kids and I. Supposedly, they had just done an order of 20 to-go pizzas and the oven took forever to heat back up. 4 different tables came in, ate, and left before we got our food and my kids were going nuts. I was pretty stressed out, too, but I know sometimes things happen that are out of anyone's control.

I did at least expect an offer to compensate- some money off the bill or whatnot. They offered nothing. When I got my bill, the waitress gave me the bill for the table behind me that was already signed and paid for. I had to wait quite a while just to wait for her to walk by again so I could return it to her and get the correct check. As I was leaving, the cook did come out and beg me to let him get my kids a cookie. I really didn't want it because it was almost 8pm by then but he insisted so I sat back down. I waited a little less than 10 minutes for the cookie to bake.

I think that it was an unlucky night and I am a little bit nervous to try my luck again but I know that I will- the food was so good. :)

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Recently moved to Mesa, we stopped in one of the many Barro's locations as it was recommended by our Internet guy. Excellent choice. We got a large pizza, half bacon and it was one of the better pies I have ever had. The service is great and it is a nice atmosphere. My only complaint was the waiting area for to go areas...the top of the ledge is too long and when you sit, you knock you head off of it!

Other than that...great place!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Nice pan crust.Good quality products. We had the meat pizza. 20$ got us large pizza, soda and 1 tall beer.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We chose Barro's because I eat gluten free aaaaand--They deliver!!!! We ordered a large regular pizza for the rest of the family and ordered the small gluten free pizza for me.
It wasn't the best pizza I've ever had, and the crust was thin (Because it was gluten free)
But it was delivered, and it was still really good.
It was nice to be able to have pizza with my family.
My kids said the regular pizza was great, and it looked good. Their crust was thick and fluffy and there were plenty of toppings on both pizzas.
We'd definitely order from them again if in the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

The pizza here has never disappointed me, and the wings are superb (don't be tempted by the convenience of the boneless; go for the traditional). There is a play area for kids and sports on the TVs, but I am usually ordering take out. There are fancier restaurants around the valley that serve better pizza, but as far as traditional pizza parlors go, this is the best.