“I thought I hated Mexican food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rancho de Tia Rosa
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mesa, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I thought I hated Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Because another couple wanted us to experience a true Spanish restaurant, I reluctantly agreed to go to Tia Rosa's, protesting all the way that I did not like Mexican food. Now, in my defense, I meant the usual greasy fare at Taco Bell and other fast food establishments, so I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted the chimichangas and fish tacos at Tia Rosa's. Not only were they good, they were so good I ate most of my wife's entree! I am still not big on beans, let alone fried beans, but I definitely draw the line at "refried beans." Why would anyone do that?

But there are many good choices for the "bean-impaired" like me. I can even be tempted by fried ice cream. Now THAT makes sense, doesn't it?

• Visited October 2013

Mesa, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of best Mexican restaurants in Mesa.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food is delicious...especially the shrimp tacos and pork flying saucers! They have a taqueria where you can get takeout...delicious!

• Visited July 2014
Mesa, AZ
“SOUTHWEST MEXICAN AT ITS FINEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

never had a better meal, excellent service and beautiful. whether you have lunch or dinner, you will love it. plus they have a taco stand for patio seating or take out.

• Visited July 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Good food and nice atmosphere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Main restaurant is closed due to fire back in February. They have "to go" section that you have to order and find a table. Most likely you will sit outsize because few tables inside will be taken. Other than this the food was awesome.

York, NE
“Great food and plenty of chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Good mix on the menu. We were there in the early afternoon so crowd was down and service was great. Wide variety of choices on the menu. Wife had salmon taco and shrimp taco which she loved. I went for the smothered burrito which was very good as well. Rest of the family had other items. Food was very good. Great decor. A little more expensive than what I was used to but very good food all the way around. Only thing I can complain about was I could not get hot sauce hot enough. Maybe I have burned out my taste buds though.

Visited July 2014