“Worth the experience if you know the new address- Brown/Mesa Dr.”
Review of Grandma's Kitchen

Grandma's Kitchen
Ranked #608 of 937 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Description: A small restaurant on the corner of country club and main. We serve breakfast and lunch monday thru saturday from 6am till 2 pm. Our customer favorites are homemade quiche, homemade biscuits and gravy our real fresh fruit cup and our california croissants, also we have homemade fruit cobblers, homemade meatloaf with real mashed potatoes! we have just moved a year ago, so were trying to improve our service and make positive changes! Come cheer us on!
Mesa, Arizona
“Worth the experience if you know the new address- Brown/Mesa Dr.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had been to this restaurant in the past and loved it. When it was first on Alma School south off of Main St, They have moved a couple times and I just re-discovered them again. Now located on the SW corner of Brown Rd and Mesa Dr in the Bashas shopping center. If you are looking for a great home style breakfast that is a good value, this is the place.

I see that some reviews have less favorable ratings than mine. Grandma is grandma. A very hard working woman who has built a family business while overcoming great challenges in her life. I admire her spunk and candor. I have had the same experience every time I have visited her place since my first visit some 12 years ago. I lost track over the years, but today I reconnected and again had that breakfast that seemed so familiar. I've never had anything but breakfast there, so that is the only experience I can rate and I rate it excellent.

I would be very surprised if Grandma was really the one that wrote what was put in "Grandma in her own words" in the post below. Nothing has been updated online for quite some time regarding the restaurant. I tried to find the exact new address and I am unable to locate it and I believe they have been in the new location since April.

BTW - I get the 2 eggs over medium, bacon and wheat toast - Always great. Enjoy

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Marc G

mesa, az
“Grandma in her own words”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

In 2008 I reviewed this place. You can scroll through and find my review. I never logged back into this site until just the other day and noticed I had a message from GRANDMA! This is her tactful response:

Obviously your one of those high and mighty broads, who runs away in a huff when someone says something to you. I remember you and you were a real ***. What could taste funny about fresh brewed iced tea and raspberry flavoring. You were looking for a free meal, and Grandma does not beg ANYONE to stay. So quite patting yourself on the back! Your scheme did not work this time! Go to Mabgos their food is good but twice as expensive! Without the excellent service that your were denied because of your ****** attitude.

Straight from the horses mouth. Can't make up something this good (bad?).

Visited May 2014
3 Thank eilyjane
Lakeland, Florida
“Delightful ”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Family establishment trying to survive in a chain market. Unique food, great personalities, and average market prices.

Mesa, Arizona
“Don't let the name fool you!!!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have been to this place twice, the first time I went I ordered a blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. The ice cream, if that is really what it was began to melt over the warm cobbler and it looked like white water.....I am really not sure what this woman is serving her customers but it is NOT worth what she charges! I ordered the chilli and it was served in a cup and cost me nearly six dollars, along with it came two packages of two crackers. I started eating the chili and it was a little spicy so I asked for more crackers, well you would have thought I asked for the goose that laid the golden eggs! I have never come across a more rude Grandma in my life! She made all kinds of remarks and faces because I asked and then brought me two more crackers! She then proceeded to tell a story about a man that used to come in all the time and he was always dieting....she laughed and laughed because even though he dieted he was "STILL FAT!". I couldn't believe what I was witnessing! None of us at the table were fat either so I have no idea where that story came from.

Needless to say we will NEVER patronize this establishment again, there was nothing special about the food, service or anything else and I along with everyone else in the world can live without the meanness. I wrote this review about Grandmas Kitchen on Yelp and Grandma herself found me on Facebook and began harassing me!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Pammie1964
queen creek
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grandma's is excellent!”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Grandma's food is excellent and do is she, if your easily offended stay away. Shes full of spunk, tells it like it is! Better than those stuffy waitresses in the chains! People get over yourself and pull the cob out of your butts or go to Snottsdale!

1 Thank aund1