“Horrible manager”

Ranked #2 of 967 Restaurants in Mesa
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Super busy about 11:30. One young lady trying to sign people in and get everyone seated. Manager comes up after 10 mins. Take us to our table , not even a "Hi". No smile.just rude. I really didn't want to stay. I've been coming in here for 10yrs, now I'm done. Never again

1  Thank beacbh

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I often eat at the Greenfield and Brown location. We always request that Anne be our server. She is friendly, knowledgeable, attentive, and very efficient! Since it's busy on the weekends, there's usually a wait time, but the hostesses try to get you seated as quickly as possible. The food is awesome! We enjoy both the breakfast and lunch menu choices. The portions are huge, so at times, we share a meal. This is our favorite breakfast/lunch restaurant.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I absolutely adore cracker n co cafe. I have been eating here for years and it is my absolute favorite breakfast spot. I always get the pork carnitas skillet which is to die for and if I'm ordering breakfast I get a side of pancakes with granola. I have never had a problem with this order. It's usually around $12 and I have easily enough to share or leftovers for another meal. I always go to the location on Greenfield and Brown and most of the time the service is great and I'm very happy. Today, however was a very different story. Our problems started when my husband walked in the door to pick up the food. Instead of putting together the side of pancakes, they had given us 2 of the regular sized pancakes in separate containers and were trying to charge us $4 ea. which made the total $18. My husband tried to explain that we just wanted the side of pancakes which was a smaller order and the manager on duty said in order for her to charge him less for the side that we would need to substitute the pancakes for the tortilla that came with the skillet. That didn't make any sense. We never have had that problem in the past. Finally it concluded with the MOD taking off one of the pancakes and just charging us $4 for the one...uh thanks but that's not what we ordered, and now were paying extra for your mistake but it was super busy and my husband was in a hurry so we just payed and left. My husband came home and told me what had happened and how rude the manager, who was a woman, was about everything. I just brushed it off and didn't worry too much about it. I was starving and so happy to have my favorite breakfast ever. The pork carnitas skillet was bomb as always but then I opened my pancake, took a few bites and was about to cut into another one but then I noticed an odd shaped piece of granola. Upon closer examination I realized it wasn't granola at all but what appeared to be a small cockroach...I was mortified!!! How could this happen at one of my favorite restaurants?? I immediately felt sick. I decided to take the pancake in to show the manager but instead of being greeted with an apologetic person concerned with the health of her customers I got a snippy angry manager who seemed very put out that I would even be in her presence. Her first offer was to give me another pancake!! Um no I don't want anymore food from that kitchen thank you, and furthermore I'm sick to my stomach so food in General does not sound appetizing. When I told her no she then just quietly refunded my money and gave me the receipt and said "sorry" and that was it. I couldn't believe it. She didn't even ask if there was anything she could do to make it better, almost like she could care less that she was losing a loyal customer, and at this point multiple loyal customers because you better believe I'm telling all my friends and family about this and possibly the health department. Luckily I snapped a pic but I wish I would have kept the roach for evidence. If this woman would have handled the situation different I would have maybe chalked it up to things happen and sometimes it's out of your control, however this manager infuriated me! She is so rude and frazzled and really needs a different job, preferably not in the customer service industry and it would probably be best if it wasn't with people in general. I'm super bummed this happened. I'm really going to miss the food here...maybe I'll try the country club location...

1  Thank Wulee717
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I have only had breakfast here during frequent visits with family. Always great food. Service is appropriately attentive but not cloying. Cafe atmosphere. Very friendly. Will return next time i'm in town - and take friends.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is for the location at 1325 N Greenfield Rd Ste 101. Our server Ann was extremely efficient! She was always there when we needed her. I loved how she brought us our own carafe of coffee. There were 4 of us and we went through two pots. The coffee is excellent. I had the Granola Cakes and Berries. Wow!! I had to get a to go container. My husband chose the Traditional Breakfast and said it was was great. My son had the Beggar's Omelet and he also had to take some home. My daughter had the Spicy Mexican and said it was very flavorful. The restaurant doesn't have booths which I prefer over tables. Overall it was a wonderful dining experience.