“Not what I expected...”

Arizona Golf Resort
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I requested 2 queen beds and we had 2 small full size beds. The room was clean but a disappointment. I expected a much nicer place since it was a "resort". The phone didn't work so I'm glad we didn't have an emergency. They advertise "free shuttle" to the airport but you have to request it 48 hours in advance. This isn't a daily offering anymore I guess so they should take it off their advertising. I doubt I would go back if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Our room was near the pool but it wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sgtabe9
ArizonaGolfResort, General Manager at Arizona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your latest experience at the resort. We sincerely value our guest's perspective and regret that we missed the opportunity to exceed your expectations. Our apologies for the miscommunication regarding our transportation. Our property offers shuttle service to and from Mesa Gateway Airport. Please feel free to e-mail me at joegaffney@arizonagolfresort.com or call me at 480-832-3202 x 7113.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

It was my first visit to this hotel - the ad says free shuttle - there isn't one! It talks about restaurants and bars - again NOT OPEN. Lunch special a beer and hot dog???? really for a resort and eat it on golf patio??? in 100 degrees.

My room had bed bugs and was told by employee that they used to spray but owner was cutting costs.

I asked to speak to hotel manager but he doesn't work weekends???? Isn't that when most people travel?

Not recommended if you want to eat, drink, get shuttle service or need to speak with manager. Not worth it at any price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jeremy E
ArizonaGolfResort, General Manager at Arizona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Mr. Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your latest experience at the resort. We sincerely value your perspective and regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We sent you a message to contact us so we are able to learn more about your stay. Please feel free to e-mail me at joegaffney@arizonagolfresort.com or call me at 480-832-3202 x 7113.

Joe Gaffney, General Manager/COO

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is an older golf resort. I fully expected that the rooms and grounds would be a little worn, and they were. Rooms are large and comfy with microwave and fridge. Most rooms are ground level and many have parking very close to the room. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
The pool area was not real clean; I think the wind had blown a lot of dust on the patio and in the pool. We were there just to spend the night so this was not an issue. I'm not a golfer but the golf course and the pro shop look nice. Plenty of carts on a weekday.
Continental breakfast was OK and was included in the price. You could spend an extra $4 per person for breakfast cooked to order.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CopperMiner
ArizonaGolfResort, Front Office Manager at Arizona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit at Arizona Golf Resort Hotel & Conference Center. We are making changes & constantly looking for ways to improve. Your honesty helps us achieve our goals. Please come back to visit us!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We only stayed one night and didn't really get a chance to enjoy the place as I wish we could have. But, the staff was very friendly upon checking in. The Maitre d' at breakfast was really great; very funny! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bed slept well. We stayed away from the main building in a room near the jacuzzi and the jacuzzi was also very nice. We would stay here again. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Esther M

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit at Arizona Golf Resort Hotel & Conference Center. We strive to achieve great customer service. Hopefully on your next visit, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy all our amenities. Our staff looks forward to your return!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Have stayed here a number of times and have never been disappointed. I've read some of the negative reviews and have never experienced anything other then a pleasant stay in the five times I've stayed here.
I've been told there are new owners - within the last year - who are now in process of making updates and repairs - the suite we were in had new furniture and TV. Updates take time so I'll bear with that, but the suite, staff, kitchenette and restaurant are great. I'm not a golfer so I can't comment on the course - but lots of golfers sure looked they enjoy the place. (The new owners should add "and suites" to the name - it took me a couple of visits to Mesa to realize the property was more than just a golf course - that they also rented rooms).
I believe the average family or business person will be pleased with a stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gerard R

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit at Arizona Golf Resort Hotel & Conference Center. We strive to achieve great customer service. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff looks forward to your return!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

A sudden change of plans had me frantically looking for a decent hotel at a good price in a real hurry - booked through Expedia and got a great deal. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. I had a king size "regular" room, the bed was excellent, there was a selection of pillows of varying firmness (I wish everyone would do that!), good sized closet, small fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. I think the bathroom has underfloor heating. This was a good comfortable room at the price of the average fleapit!

What could make it better? Maybe an ice machine nearby (one gets ice from the restaurant) and a couple of spoons in the kitchen for dealing with tea bags. Other than that, I can't fault the hotel at all.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, I ended up having to go book an extra two nights through Expedia and the paperwork transition was handled very smoothly and without any inconvenience to me.

Will I stay here again? You bet!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit at Arizona Golf Resort Hotel & Conference Center. We strive to achieve great customer service. Your feedback reinforces that we are taking steps in the right direction. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff looks forward to your return!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The resort needs a facelift. Especially the rooms and pool. I've stayed twice at this resort. The first time was ok-still felt dingy, but generally clean. The staff seems pleasant. But they are slow to respond. My bathroom light was out for three days. Finally they took out the old bulb, but didn't put another one in.
This last time I stayed the room had bed bugs. I chose this hotel because of it's location to the hospital my mother was in. I wasn't paying attention to small details-such as bugs. However, after 8 days the bites started manifesting themselves. I was already checked out and notified management. I did not receive ONE phone call, apology or acknowledgment.
I'm now taking several more days away from work-first to get rid of any bugs that may have traveled home with me. Also to allow the huge welts on my face & neck to heal.

Room Tip: I learned the hard way. Take a few minutes before you unpack to check the bed and around the bed...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family