“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #21 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Scottsdale
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The welcome feeling begins in the lobby when you are greeted by Yolanda behind the front desk and continues throughout your stay with a very friendly staff. Recently updated rooms, an on-site restaurant run by Master Chef Anthony Damiano that will over deliver on your expectations and an 18 hole golf course right outside your door.
Relax and enjoy visit to the Arizona Golf Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms and suites available with private patios with BBQ grills and golf course views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Gerry R
ArizonaGolfResort, Front Office Manager at Arizona Golf Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your visit at Arizona Golf Resort Hotel & Conference Center. We strive to achieve great customer service. Your feedback solidifies we are taking steps in the right direction. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff looks forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Payson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have stayed here several times and we always looked forward to the free breakfast buffet, I always thought it was the best we have ever had. So much to choose from. Not this time. We were told They are cutting back for the summer months and I was so disappointed with the breakfast that was offered. Toast, cold cereal, muffins, but you could order a plate of scrambled eggs, sausage and potatoes for $4.00. I was sad to see this change. I would not stop me from staying there again. It was just a huge disappointment to the entire group. The staff are always so helpful and friendly. Very accommodating. One of my favorite places to stay for our Optimist meetings!

Room Tip: The Casitas are very roomy and have a separate living room and kitchenette. Even the regulate rom ar...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Debbie M
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent visit to the Arizona Golf Resort & Conference Center. We truly value your personalized perspective, and I sincerely apologize that your experience did not exceed your expectations. Thank you for detailing areas of opportunities for us to improve on your next visit.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had a wonderful time and positive experience at Arizona Golf Resort! The front desk customer service was impeccable. I booked the hotel at the last minute at a really resonable price. The hotel is clean and quiet. The pool was very large and clean. Arizona Golf Resort will now always be one of my "go to" places for friendly service and prices. Next time, I'll remember to bring my golf clubs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 169StephanieM
ArizonaGolfResort, Front Office Manager at Arizona Golf Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent visit to the Arizona Golf Resort & Conference Center. We truly value your personalized perspective, and we are extremely pleased to have met your expectations. On your next visit, save yourself the hassle of travelling with your golf clubs & visit our ProShop for club rentals. We eagerly look forward to your return!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stay often and met the chef and the gm and they are very helpful and we were well taken care of you and the staff is acomidating and overwhelmingly helpful and I would recommend this facility for your stay

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jason H
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your visit at Arizona Golf Resort Hotel & Conference Center. We strive to achieve great customer service. Your feedback reinforces that we are making steps in the right direction. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Your Arizona Golf Resort friends look forward to your return!
las vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Overall Arizona Golf Resort was fantastic everything we asked for we got. Gas grill bags of ice added on rooms for the wedding party Yolanda matched the rate we origanally got she's the best thank you very much for making our stay literally magical Stephen and Nicole Serkus-Taylor

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank boogybutt
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Arizona Golf Resort Hotel & Conference Center. We strive to achieve great customer service. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was a true delight having you stay at our property. Meeting & accommodating your family & friends was our pleasure. Your new friends eagerly anticipate your return!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I requested 2 queen beds and we had 2 small full size beds. The room was clean but a disappointment. I expected a much nicer place since it was a "resort". The phone didn't work so I'm glad we didn't have an emergency. They advertise "free shuttle" to the airport but you have to request it 48 hours in advance. This isn't a daily offering anymore I guess so they should take it off their advertising. I doubt I would go back if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Our room was near the pool but it wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sgtabe9
ArizonaGolfResort, General Manager at Arizona Golf Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your latest experience at the resort. We sincerely value our guest's perspective and regret that we missed the opportunity to exceed your expectations. Our apologies for the miscommunication regarding our transportation. Our property offers shuttle service to and from Mesa Gateway Airport. Please feel free to e-mail me at joegaffney@arizonagolfresort.com or call me at 480-832-3202 x 7113.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

It was my first visit to this hotel - the ad says free shuttle - there isn't one! It talks about restaurants and bars - again NOT OPEN. Lunch special a beer and hot dog???? really for a resort and eat it on golf patio??? in 100 degrees.

My room had bed bugs and was told by employee that they used to spray but owner was cutting costs.

I asked to speak to hotel manager but he doesn't work weekends???? Isn't that when most people travel?

Not recommended if you want to eat, drink, get shuttle service or need to speak with manager. Not worth it at any price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jeremy E
ArizonaGolfResort, General Manager at Arizona Golf Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Mr. Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your latest experience at the resort. We sincerely value your perspective and regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We sent you a message to contact us so we are able to learn more about your stay. Please feel free to e-mail me at joegaffney@arizonagolfresort.com or call me at 480-832-3202 x 7113.

Joe Gaffney, General Manager/COO