“Dont waste your time with this hotel.”
Review of Mesa Mezona Hotel

Mesa Mezona Hotel
Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Peoria, Illinois
“Dont waste your time with this hotel.”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The late night front desk clerk was unfriendly, and unwelcoming. It was like we were bothering her when we showed up. Sleeping in your vehicle would be better than this place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank may041

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 7 April 2011

We got a good "special rate" for three nights here - and it was fairly to convenient to what we were going to do. But . . . . .if you are older and not so flexible, think twice about this one. The toilets are so low that your knees will almost touch your chin - and small too. This actually looks like it might have been one of the old Holiday Inns from the 50s. It's a motel and you park your car outside. Big window looks on to the parking lot. We found that there is an interior courtyard but there was a lot of loud music there - seems that the Cubs use this place to house players from spring training who are injured or who haven't made the team - the one day we went for breakfast, I was elbowed out by a bunch of these young guys who seemed very hungry - there were scrambled eggs but we couldn't get to them. After that, we went out. What they had looked ok but just not enough with all the young men in the room.

In our room, the air conditioner seemed ok - not much in the way of decoration in the room but we did have a rocking recliner. The bed was ok. The room was clean. Besides the very small toilet, the internet was excruciatingly slow - wireless but in the evenings it barely worked. . . . guess it didn't have the band width - it was like that the whole time we were there.

When we checked in and I asked for a handicapped room (as I had on the reservation form), the lady gave me a bit of a talking to - said it wasn't on the form but she could give me - said I was "lucky." I had put it on the Best Western form (which I had with me but it did say not guaranteed) and I had also called them to put in the request so . . . . .

All in all - skip this one - lots of newer hotels around - This one did feel safe and it was clean but just not our cup of tea.

Room Tip: I have no idea
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bensus
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2011
Let me start by saying I am very sorry for the problems you encountered during your recent stay at our property.

We do provide toilet risers with arms for guests upon request and staff the property 24 hours a day to address any issues with the internet service or noise. I will talk with the breakfast hostess as she should have made sure that eggs were available for all guests.

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope you will continue to stay at Best Western properties in the future. I appreciate your staying with us.

Kathy Hay
Best Western Mezona Inn
New Mexico
Reviewed 24 March 2011

A member of our family was getting married near the Best Western Mezona Inn in downtown Mesa, so it was very convenient for the extended family to stay here. We worked directly with the hotel general manager, booked over a dozen rooms, and I have to say our stay went flawlessly! The week we were at the hotel was spring break for Arizona, and is spring training time for baseball, so needless to say, the hotel was full. In spite of this, we had no issues with the rooms or our reservations.

The Best Western Mezona Inn is a clean, well maintained hotel. Very comfortable, and the rooms are freshly painted and very clean. Nice pool area. What really makes the Mezona Inn stand out is the breakfast they give all their guests. This is not the typical motel sweet roll and cereal breakfast; it is a full, hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. Very nice.

I recommend the Mezona Inn for a comfortable stay in downtown Mesa, AZ.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Central location for all attractions (Cubs!) and access to freeways. Quiet motel, very clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. My dog and I had a perfect five night stay. Free breakfast was good. The connected "restaurant" was just really a bar, no cook when I was there. Excellent mexican restaurants just a few blocks away. The best dog park is northeast from motel. Worth the 8 minute drive for you and your dog.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank GeorgeKaplanRC
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Being newly retired and from Canada my wife and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about in Phoenix and the state of Arizona. We flew to Phoenix and put on over 2000 miles with a rental over a months time going north then south always using Phoenix as our home base. We happened upon the Best Western Mezona Inn and we were very happy we did. It felt like home from the first night we stayed, rooms were larger, clean, staff very friendly and more than accommodating, pool and hot tub were very clean as were the grounds.The breakfast had many options and was fresh. There were long term residents who have been coming to this Inn annually for over 20 years so the morning breakfast room was very lively, always welcoming to "newbies", if you wanted a quiet coffee and breakfast there was opportunity for that as well, your choice...all in all it felt like home and left a very positive impression of Phoenix and it's residents...we will be back and staying at the Best Western Mezona Inn...
Vern S. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Descanso, CA
Reviewed 31 December 2010

The rooms are very comfortable with a good work area. The refrigerators have a real freezer section big enough for your ice blocks and food. It has central air and heating. There are separate vanity and bathroom areas. Plenty of closet area and hangers with two of the metal and black strap folding tables to set your suitcases on. The bed was comfortable and there was a recliner in our room. This was perfect since I have a very bad back and usually sleep in a recliner at home. The recliner was more comfortable than mine. The breakfast is very nice: scrambled eggs (real, not those reconstituted ones), bacon or sausage, or biscuits and gravy. There is always waffles, french toast, an assortment of breads, English muffins, Danishes, etc., hard boiled eggs, an assortment of cereals, milks and juices, coffees, hot chocolate, French vanilla coffee, and fresh fruits. The staff is both friendly and helpful. The hotel is located close to the freeway, the main part of downtown, the Harley Davidson store, restaurants, and drug stores. The cost was only $70.43 including taxes on Christmas eve.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrscalculus
Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 November 2010

As aways we were treated very well and the room was as always, very good for the prices charged.

We keep coming back ofr one reason, the hotel is clean, reasonable and the people are friendly and very accomodating. I heard no complaints from any of my 20-30 customers who also stayed at the Mezona.

We'll be back!