“Nice Place to Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Buffalo, Missouri
“Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We were here for one night only; check-in was very smooth, good room everything worked and everything was clean. We had no complaints. Breakfast was a nice surprise with more than just the usual bagels and cereal.Chrisopher at the front desk in the morning was very polite and helpful and got us checked out with no problems. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this as a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chevybb
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice review. We do our very best to make sure every guest experience is like yours. I will let Chris know you mentioned him in your review. I hope you will come and see us again when travel brings you to Mesa.

Kathy Hay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The motel refused to refund my prepaid room amount as they wanted to charge me a $100. Incidental deposit.

I contacted Travelocity and they stated the motel charged my card and the motel stated travelocity did it.

No resolution to this issue.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank donotstayatmezonainn
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
I am very sorry you chose not to stay with us due to our policy of a valid credit card or cash deposit at check-in. This is a common practice at many properties. Travelocity sends us only pre-paid, non-refundable reservations using their credit card for payment. They charged your card at the time of booking. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent hot breakfast! The front desk person tried to help us find the restaurant we wanted...seemed to be very new to Mesa...so couldn't help too much..even though he went online. We did find another restaurant that we thouroughly enjoyed..probably more than the original one!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice review. We appreciate your time and consideration. I hope to see you again the next time travel brings you to Mesa. Glad you enjoyed your stay and the restaurant.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The staff was wonderful but the room was awful. It was "made up'' but not clean. The floor had large debris on it and there were big nasty stains on the carpet. The a/c worked really well but the buttons were broken so "on" and "off" were the only choices. The thermostat was useless. The shower didn't work properly. The shower head had several settings but only some worked. When adjusting the spray, the head spun and spun without "clicking" into the setting easily. Then, only some of the stream lines worked, the others were clogged resulting in a 3/4 spray pattern instead of a full spray. When I put the shower on full strength (the water on all the way), the pipes make this LOUD horrible noise. So I had to leave the spray on low which made my hair difficult to rinse. The property, itself, was clean but very outdated and worn. The front desk is locked up at dark and guests have to use a security window. Makes me suspicious of the crime level in the immediate area of the hotel. Breakfast is good and they have free coffee / papers in the morning. That was nice.

Room Tip: There is no elevator (only 2 floors) and most face the pool. Pool is clean and inviting. Room a/c...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank A M
I appreciate your staying with us and bringing these issues to my attention. I apologize for the shower and cleanliness issues you experienced. I have taken the necessary steps to assure future guest will not find the same conditions. I assure you that we work hard to prevent our guests from the experience you encountered. I do hope you will provide us with another opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve on your next trip to Mesa.

Petersburg PA
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We had a very good efficient check-in and as it was 100 degrees outside, we were glad that the room cooled down very quickly. The room was clean and comfortable with a frig. Internet was good. We were tired or we would have walked around some in the area. Very good breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: We had one at ground level that we could back the car up to.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your taking the time to write such a nice review. Customer service is our priority as we know you have many choices when traveling. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

A much better than average Best Western. Nice pool, but ask for a room that does not face it to protect against potential pool noise.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. Our pool area being located in the courtyard is a blessing most of the time but I am sorry you found it to be noisy. I know you have choices when traveling and appreciate your staying with us. Please come back next time you are in Mesa and I will find a nice quiet room for you.

Olympia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here, ( room 258 ) for two nights. Wish we had stayed here our first drive through the week before. Very pleasant check in. Very friendly personnel. Pool was very clean and water temperature was perfect, that walk in with out a cringe feeling. They supply pool noodles, my wife who is water challenged was so happy. Along with waffles the breakfest one morning had sausage the next morning beacon. Next time we are in the Phoenix area we will definitely stay here again.
Thanks,
Steve...

Room Tip: Room 258 over looked the pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you for writing such a nice review of our property. We hope you will come and see us again the next time you are in Mesa. Room 258 is a favorite for one of our guests who stays over a month each year. He would say you have great taste. Again much appreciation for staying and taking the time to comment.

Kind Regards,