“okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Eugene, Oregon
“okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The pool was nice, but when you book a room and it says pool side, it really means a view of the pool. Breakfast area was small but okay for kids. There was hot items for the breakfast. The hotel was older but it was okay for a quick trip. I probably would not stay there again though

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kathy H, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers. I am sorry to hear you would probably not return. What could I do that would cause you to reconsider? I am concerned when a guest only has an OK experience. Our goal is to provide superior customer service. We are expanding our breakfast room, which I agree is overdue. I apologize your view of the pool was a disappointment. I appreciate your past business and hope you will stay with us again when travel brings you to Mesa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Santa Maria, CA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very clean and comfortable room. Everything worked, even the shower head, which is usually my pet peeve in most hotels. The TV was a disappointment, however, we did not spend that much time in our room so it was bearable. Twice the key cards did not work on our return to the room and had to be reprogrammed at the front desk. Other than those two annoyances the room was everything we would expect. The whole Best Western experience is a well oiled machine. A definite cut above the usual.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad to hear you found your stay enjoyable and to be a good value. I am sorry for the issues you experienced with the television and the key cards. I appreciate your staying with us as I know you have many choices when traveling. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mezona the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

wheaton, Wallis and Futuna
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

If Mesa is a good location for your stay then this motel is adequate. Nice pool; nice employees. Rooms are worn; TV was difficult; breakfast room crowded and unkempt. No elevator. Parking adequate. No workout facility.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us. "Worn but not terrible" certainly means there is much room for improvement. We are going to expand or breakfast room and the offerings there this spring. As well we are in the process of updating our guest rooms. I agree that an exercise room would be a great amenity to add as well. I appreciate your comments and suggestions. I hope you will come and see us again so we can provide you with a superior customer experience.

New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Good value hotel. Helpful and professional staff. Breakfast is basic, nothing special. Could use a few more power outlets, but that seems to be a common issue with most hotels. Clean room. Will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Mezona with others. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and will return. We are in the process of expanding our breakfast area this spring and will be providing a better variety of items. We are also adding extra electrical outlets, as they are more in demand now than ever. Again, I appreciate your staying with us. I hope to see you the next time you are in Mesa.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Nice quite hotel. Staff very friendly. Glad breakfast was included. One thing I would change is not to allow any smoking on the property. I did not like to site by the pool are with all the smoke in the air.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor. So it would be very quite.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Glad you enjoyed your first trip to Mesa. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. Our downtown Mesa location means we are close to everything. I am glad you enjoyed your time at the Mezona and hope you will return the next time you are in the area. I appreciate your feedback on the smoking situation. We are going to provide smoking in two areas which are away from the guest rooms. It will be much more pleasant for all.

United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel visit was mostly so I was closer to where I needed to be at 4:30 in the morning. I didn't get to eat breakfast; however, they did offer to provide me with a breakfast sack. To me the hotel was older, but good enough for sleeping.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kathy H, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Glad to hear you rested well and our location was convenient for you. Our property isn't new but we are in the process of a major renovation this year. I appreciate your staying with us and sharing your experience with others. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Mesa.

Midcentral, Alberta Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Busy in Mesa with all the happenings in February. Lucked out and they had a room available. Staff were great and the room was access from the outside on the second floor but it was clean and very nice. We enjoyed our stay and it was very accessible. Good hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with others. We strive to make all of our guests stays clean, comfortable and memorable. We aren't a new property but we are a nice, clean place to stay. I appreciate your staying with us and hope we will see you again in the future.