“Dont go there”

GreenLeadersBronze level
rancho santa margarita, United States
“Dont go there”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Internet does not work, non-smoking room means nothing. It is extremly noisy. I had to stay in a handicap room, which was not very comfortable at all. Parites all night long down the hall. Motorcycle running past the door until 2:00 am. People smoking infront of your door dispite that you have a non-smoking room. I hated this place, could not wait to leave.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kathy H, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at our property in Mesa. I am very sorry we didn't meet your expectations and would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Our goal is to consistently provide excellent service and accommodations and your comments are highly important. Your candid feedback will provide us an opportunity to improve our service to future guests and to improve our hotel. I thank you for choosing to stay with us and regret you hated the place. May you future travels provide you the superior service you deserve.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is an older hotel that is slowly being upgraded. There were some issues with the room, but they were dealt with immediately. We stayed for three nights and interacted with many different staff members. They were all courteous and went out of their way to help. The breakfast room is small, but the food is varied and hot. The hotel is also within walking distance to Mesa's revitalized old town. We were very satisfied with the price and service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kathy H, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with others. I am thrilled to hear you had a superior stay with us. I also appreciate your comments about our location and the revitalized downtown area. We are in the process of updating our breakfast and guest rooms. We know customers have many choices and we want to remain your choice the next time you are in Mesa. Hope to see you again soon.

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nice place, caring staff, great breakfast, ok beds, ok shower heads, I was there with family during spring break, Saturday night got a little loud but the staff took care of the situation. The staff new it was loud and I didn't report the situation

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with your family during Spring Break. I apologize for the noise issues that you experienced. It is unfortunate but on occasion people can be totally inconsiderate of others. I am glad our staff was able to handle the situation. I hope you will come and stay with us again the next time you are in Mesa. Your loyalty is appreciated. I am always open to suggestions to improve your guest experience.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Room unclean, staff is rude, not knowledgable, and unhelpful. They don't care if you stay there or not, they're just there to collect your money for a substandard room. They get away with it because they're close to Cubs Park. That's about all they have going for them.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kathy H, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. Feedback is important to us both good and bad. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. I understand your being upset over the inconvenience of not having the two rooms both with king size beds which you had reserved. I make no excuses for our error. I also apologize for the long check-in. I certainly didn't mean to be curt with you. I simply made the wrong judgment that two rooms close would be more important than the size of the beds, my mistake. I know you have stayed with us before and appreciate your choosing to stay with us again this year.

I am glad we didn't ruin your vacation and assure you that that was never our intention.
I regret but accept your decision not to stay with us again. Every guest experience is important to us. I hear your frustration loud and clear, and understand many issues occurred and were not handled properly.

As I said before I appreciate your past patronage. I hope your future travels exceed your expectations and provide you with the superior service you deserve.

Seattle, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014

You would never know how comfortable this place is from the outside! The staff is fantastic, even when they have to deal with large families who need a lot of direction. The rooms are very comfortable and the beds were great. Breakfast included real scrambled eggs that were delicious.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

"Super Great", that is what I like to hear. I appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Obviously, we are always striving for our guests to have a great stay. Our location in downtown provides easy access to many attractions. We are in the process of renovating this year. Please come back and see us again the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The pool was nice, but when you book a room and it says pool side, it really means a view of the pool. Breakfast area was small but okay for kids. There was hot items for the breakfast. The hotel was older but it was okay for a quick trip. I probably would not stay there again though

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers. I am sorry to hear you would probably not return. What could I do that would cause you to reconsider? I am concerned when a guest only has an OK experience. Our goal is to provide superior customer service. We are expanding our breakfast room, which I agree is overdue. I apologize your view of the pool was a disappointment. I appreciate your past business and hope you will stay with us again when travel brings you to Mesa.

Santa Maria, CA, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very clean and comfortable room. Everything worked, even the shower head, which is usually my pet peeve in most hotels. The TV was a disappointment, however, we did not spend that much time in our room so it was bearable. Twice the key cards did not work on our return to the room and had to be reprogrammed at the front desk. Other than those two annoyances the room was everything we would expect. The whole Best Western experience is a well oiled machine. A definite cut above the usual.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad to hear you found your stay enjoyable and to be a good value. I am sorry for the issues you experienced with the television and the key cards. I appreciate your staying with us as I know you have many choices when traveling. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mezona the next time travel brings you to Mesa.