“Home away from home”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Southwest
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stay at the Mezona whenever possible. It's comfortable, safe, clean, friendly. The property is clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. We had some trouble with our iPad, and the concierge came to our room to help us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kathy H, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
"Home Away From Home" reading your review makes me very happy. I am so glad to hear you feel that warmth while you are staying with us. I thank you for choosing to stay with us as well as sharing your experience with others. I know you have many choices when traveling and feel honored that you chose to stay with us. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Mesa. Just a note we recently had to replace a bad router on our internet service. That should resolve any future issues with getting connected.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We attended a family wedding at Regency Gardens, right around the corner from the hotel. Very convenient and we were able to extend our stay and check out at 4:30 p.m. for 1/2 day rate so we could dress for the wedding!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 242catherinem
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review with others. We love wedding parties here at The Mezona. There are several great wedding venues in downtown Mesa and we enjoy being part of such a special time for friends and family. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back when returning to Mesa.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My original reservation was at the Best Western Apache junction inn. Upon arrival the hotel was nothing like the pictures. The employee that was working when we finally arrived was unfriendly, rude, and acted like it was an inconvenience to have my family and I stay there. I cancelled my reservations and was bleseed by finding the Mezona Inn. Customer service is what makes or brakes a hotel, I know this cause I work in the industry. I will never even consider going back to the Apache Inn. I'vae stayed at a lot of Best Western hotels and never been made to feel so unwelcome. Thank goodness for finding the Mena Inn.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice review of your experience for others to see. I agree that what sets one property apart from others is Customer Service. We strive very hard to provide the best service possible to all our guests. We know you have choices when traveling and appreciate your choosing to stay with us. I hope you will return the next time you are in our area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

2 Queen beds, lots of room to move around, very Helpful. Very quite outside when you were sleeping, no dog barking for me, she was a very sweet little lady. There were places for the dog to go potty, and you furnish your own clean up material, which was ok, have to do that anyway f you have a pet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad to hear your and your pet enjoyed your stay with us at The Mezona. It is so nice to be able to bring our little ones with us when we travel. I appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to write a review to share your experience with others. I hope you will come and see us again.

Pinetop
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is an older hotel but it is well maintained and clean, the staff are friendly and our overall experience was excellent. Main Street in Mesa is being revitalized and the light rail is expanding through town and will help with businesses that are renovating the older buildings and moving in, the hotel is in a good location to step out on Main and walk the area and close to the freeway and restaurants, there is a wine and beer bar next door,iL Vinaio, many selections of wine and beers and the food is great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review of your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our location is ideal and Il Vinaio is a great place for a relaxing dinner, appetizers or happy hour. They also provide a fabulous Sunday Brunch. I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Roll, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I are both disabled and must travel to Phoenix/Mesa about every 2 weeks for medical treatment & surgeries. After an outpatient surgery we must have a quiet, comfortable place to lay down and relax. The manager Kathy Hay and her wonderful staff provide this. In fact, they treat us like family. What a blessing to know that you have people that take care of your needs! When one of us has a surgical procedure they even allow us to take the "Free Breakfast" back to the room for the other.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the high praise. Saying we are your "Home Away From Home" is exactly what we strive for with all of our guests. I am sorry for the circumstances bringing you here. Having said that it is our pleasure to assist you and your family. I appreciate your taking the time to write this review. Your business is always welcome. Come see us again the next time you are in Mesa.

Marine City, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

A Good Location. Easy to find. Clean. and great breakfasts!!!!! Parking was a daily challenge if you came back late. You either had to walk 1/4 mile in either direction to get to a stairway to go upstairs to second level

Room Tip: Request first floor. Better access to parking lot
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
So happy to hear you had Great Breakfasts while you were staying with us. We appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with others. We are currently expanding the breakfast area, which should make it even better. I am sorry to hear you had such a long walk from parking to your room. Sounds like you have already decided to ask for first floor the next time. It is unfortunate that we don't have an elevator but we do our best to accommodate first floor requests. I hope to see you again the next time travel brings you to Mesa.