“Mezona Mesa Arizona”

Ramada Mesa
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great place to stay very well kept up and extremely comfortable. Great beds! The rooms are very spacious and they have everything I need. Breakfast was adequate and I had a little trouble getting on internet but that was a minor annoyance in this case.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. I appreciate your time and consideration. We are in the process of upgrading our WiFi, so I hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time travel brings you to our area.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I spent 1 night at the Best Western Mezona Inn when the A/C in my home broke. I checked in late, around 6:30, the front desk girl was very friendly. The room I booked cost only $50/night, I think $54/ after taxes, and for that price, was more than adequate. There is a bunch of parking, plenty of room even if you have a truck and trailer.

In that price range I would have expected a much smaller room, but the one that I was assigned was a pretty decent size. The room had a mini fridge and coffee maker, I did not use the coffee maker, but did store a couple of beers in the mini fridge. The room was clean, I did not find anything dirty whatsoever. The bed wasn't terrible but wasn't wonderful either, I would say about average for most hotels. I did like that this Best Western has opted to "go green" by swapping individual toiletries for a dispenser system. The dispensers worked great and I think this should be a hotel standard across the globe, good job leading the way Best Western!!

My only complaint (which was partially my own fault, being a Phoenix resident and all) was that the room was an east facing room and did not have the best blackout curtains. There are plenty of rooms with a west facing rooms available and I would suggest asking for one if you like to sleep in. The breakfast in the morning was so-so but considering it was included in the $50/night room rate, I certainly can't complain. The best part about this hotel is that it is located in Downtown Mesa. There is an excellent little restaurant next door called Il Vianio - I recommend you check them out. There is also a cool brewery called Desert Eagle (no food) just a couple of doors down.

Room Tip: Choose a west facing room if you like to sleep in. If you need help waking up early an east facing...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank One_Must_Travel-1

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Il Vinaio is a great place and I appreciate your mentioning it in your review as well. I am sorry the room location didn't provide you with the comfort you expected. I hope you will come and stay with us again. You and your family members are always welcome at the Mezona.

Kathy Hay

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Established well operated Best Western. Great Staff very kind and caring. Great access to area attractions and events. Quality rooms with easy access. Nice Pool. Close to lots of down town and area amenities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am very glad to hear your stay was very good. I appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to the Mezona.

Kathy Hay

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Overall, my daughter and I had a good experience at hotel. We were there for swim meet at Kino and it was about a 6 minute drive. Breakfast simple but good. Rooms quiet, clean with comfortable beds and pillows. Fairly easy access to highway. We would stay again for another meet at Kino.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy H, Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with others. Our location does make it easy to get around to all areas of the Valley. I hope you and other swimmers will stay with us again when travel brings you to Mesa.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have been staying here for over 30 years on trips to the valley. We had the unfortunate luck to get the room at the end of the walkway to the parking lot and directly across from the ice machine. I could not sleep because of the noise and also the residual smoke from those who smoked in the breezeway or the stairwell. Next time, we will request a different room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and talking the time to write a review to share with others. The Mezona provides a great value for money. I am sorry that your room location was noisy. The smoking issues outside of the guest rooms is being addressed. I do hope you will come and see us again. You are always welcome at the Mezona.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

it's not a 5 stars hotel, so don't expect it to be nice, the walls are thin, you can listen to everything going on outside, but it seemed clean and the breakfast was good and they have several options

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank No Name L
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and talking the time to write a review to share with others. The Mezona isn't upscale but definitely provides a great value for the same amenities found at higher priced places. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Once again after having outpatient back-surgery we stayed at the Mezona Inn in Mesa in one of the handicap rooms. My wife used the in-room micro-wave and refrigerator and I was able to eat in the room rest and lick my wounds! Peace,Rest,Sleep and a shower with a big bench to sit on.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Glad to hear you found peace and rest while staying with us. We appreciate your staying with us and look forward to the time when it will be for fun and relaxation. Thank you for sharing your experience for others. It is a vital part of our continued success.